She wants the ring more than she loves me

rabsaque4454585

rabsaque4454585

I ve been in a relationship with my gf for 8 years now i know i never ask her for marriage (i take full responsibility for that) even so she was te one that ask me ¿when we are going to get married?.

I kew since the moment i met her that i was going to past the rest of my life with her and the thing that bugs me is that ive been the best man i ever could to her i mean i'm always there to support her no matter what i'm always on her side i'm always there even so she was very nasty with me until recent times she decided to change because she use to had a terrible bad character.

Since the marriage theme came up i'm planning to do something pretty on december because we talked about to get married next year also on december so i wantetd both dates to be related in a cool way but she is angry and depressed because and i quote her "i shouldn be waiting for the ring " and "i want it now so i can tell my friends that i'm getting married" she makes me feel misserable for this and i think did all the moments in life like when i help her to take care of her grandpa until the poor woman died of alzehimer i was there o the time i help her with her final proyect at uni i was there or everytime she figths with her dad that i'm there for her every problem she faced in life since she knows me i was there there you know.

Is a ****ing piece of metal with a rock more important than 8 years of unconditional love and loyalty?

Is your sanity more important then a impolite woman? If she isn't happy now then bet the house when the newness of the ring wears off and she goes back to thinking of herself.

You better think this one over and make sure this is what you want.

• Like 5
kelliemarie11

I have been with my bf for 3 years. I want that ring too! It's more than a ring. It's a commitment. She probably would've loved to be married to you years ago but, didn't want to beg you for it. Now it seems to me that people are probably beggaring her to get married and she really wants to herself and doesn't know what else to do but to ask for it. She's better than me though cause I've asked my boyfriend questions like this in the last couple months "not mean but, hinting towards a ring". I say give the girl a ring. she sounds deserving. She sounds patient and obviously you love her or y'all wouldn't have been together this long. Go make your woman your wife :)

Edited by kelliemarie11

For some woman, life is just a list of checkboxes, and who she marries doesn't really matter. Your gf sounds like this type of woman, based on your comments. You'll never make her happy. If she isn't happy now, getting married won't make her any more happy.

I'd seriously reconsider marrying this woman based on your other post, as well.

• Like 4
even so she was very nasty with me until recent times she decided to change because she use to had a terrible bad character.

Is a ****ing piece of metal with a rock more important than 8 years of unconditional love and loyalty?

The 1st part of this quote concerns me more then the ring issue the ring could be more the symbol of the commitment shes longing to have with you how ever the 1st part the fact shes been abusive to you makes me think twice on that are you really sure this women is the one OP?

discuss the "ring" with her. ask her what kind of pressure she's getting from her friends. i'm sure it's a lot of pressure, esp. if you live together.

and i would not be living with you to begin with. not without a ring. 8 years!! all women get from living together with a man they aren't engaged to, is older. if you want to take a women off the market, put a ring on it.

it must be very hard for her to have people speculating what could be wrong with her, why she isn't married by now. to her face.

some of this might have to do with wanting to have children. she wants to get going, with you.

it sounds to me like you really love her. why wait?

give her a plastic ring from a gum ball machine and tell her, "between us, to stop you wondering" here is a "placeholder"( sometimes called a promise ring) until the holidays.

after all, she could be asking because someone else is making her an offer. and if she starts to think your relationship is a dead end....

good luck

• Author
rabsaque4454585

What i'm going to do is buying the ring and give it to her and then walk away, you had your man for life but you wanted a ring, well here is the ring you wanted so much but the man is going their own way now.:mad:

You two aren't ready to get married.

And that has nothing to do with the ring. OP, re-read what you wrote about her. This won't be a healthy, happy marriage.

• Like 2