I broke off the engagement

kellypinkyz

we were engaged for about a year. And we have one cute little baby. We planned to go to the court to get married and no reception. But since I were pregnant so we decided to wait after the baby. It has been awhile. So I asked him about the wedding a couple times. And every time like that, he said we might just never get married. So that I can file my tax as single mom. That way we have money to buy a house or car. Im so tired of that so this morning I broke off the engagement. He didn’t say anything much besides he was just joking about it. So I told him that he wasn’t joking at all. And that he was so serious about every time he gave me that answer. Then he said that we will married but in a couple months. I told him no. i mean am I overreacting since he keep turning me on and off about the wedding? He made me wanna burn the wedding dress that I got :/ we are still together

• Like 2

It sounds like its much more important to you than it is to him.

Maybe he's so comfortable with things the way they are, that he can't be bothered changing anything.

Just lazy, maybe.

Not against it, but too lazy to do it.

Maybe...

• Like 2

If he was telling you to hurry up & file as a single this year so you go off & marry next week I'd say you were overreacting but at this point I think you realize that this is but once excuse & there will always be another.

• Like 4
  • Author
kellypinkyz

I forgot to include the information that I just have my baby this January. So basically I can't file her at all

Then he said that we will married but in a couple months. I told him no. i mean am I overreacting since he keep turning me on and off about the wedding? He made me wanna burn the wedding dress that I got :/ we are still together

If you're still together, what do you achieve by calling off the engagement?

If anything, it plays right into his hand. He's the one doesn't want to get married...

Mr. Lucky

• Like 3

I don't see the point of ending the engagement without ending the relationship. Cohabiting is too easy and when you have a child... men can relax much more about marriage if they are that way inclined.

You shouldn't have to beg or keep asking for marriage.

• Like 1
Lois_Griffin

I've said it 1,000 times but I'll say It again.

If you're not good enough to marry, then you certainly shouldn't be having kids with him.

• Like 4
whichwayisup
If you're still together, what do you achieve by calling off the engagement?

If anything, it plays right into his hand. He's the one doesn't want to get married...

Mr. Lucky

I agree. Take it to another level, so he knows how serious you are about marriage. Ask him to move out because you don't want a boyfriend/girlfriend situation, you want a husband who is going to love, support and be with you no matter what. You want a family unit but not like what he's offering you. If he loves you and wants you in his life he'll marry you.

Is he scared of commitment? Scared of being tied to someone forever? Losing out on other opportunities? DO ask him why he refuses to marry you, minus the bullcrap reasons he's given you now. It's much deeper that than.

• Like 1

I have a feeling your best outcome with him is to break up and file for child support or joint custody so you can get a job and have a life too.

• Like 1