Filipino-indian love

I have a big problem. I am a Filipina and my boyfriend is indian. We have plans of marrying in the future and when his mom knew about our relation, she wants us to get married the soonest since he is almost in his 30's and she wants to see him get settled. That time i was not ready for marriage for I want to work more for my career then after we can finally decide on it. I asked for 2 yrs max. That was a yr ago, now his mom is pressuring him about marriage and says if i am not ready, she will look for a girl for him. She had done this without his approval and she gave words to the girls parents that he will marry their daughter. But my boyfriend fights our love and said no to his mom. He called off the relation to the girl that his mom had arranged for him. His mom is very mad at him and even warned him that if he marries as per his wish she well end her life. Now we dont know what to do. All relatives are involved and making comments that he is not taking care of his mom and is against his mom's wish. We want to spend our lives together but they cant seem to understand it. His mom wants a girl from a rich/wealthy background for his son's future thats y she chooses the girl.he will marry. But now looks like we cant seem to convince them since im still working on my career and yet to prove them something. My bf is in very bad state. He dont knw what to do. Either way he goes, its him who.will get hurt and get his heart broken. And i feel bad about it because he is doing all of it for me/us. Help. What should we do..

Looks like a very bad, traditional setup for me. Don't believe the "ending her life" crap. Your Indian boyfriend should know better. And fight for your man, Girl! Bihira na lang ang makakita ng ganyan! Good luck to you and your fiance :) Hope you can get pass this!

• Author

His mom is sick..thats y she is pressuring him to get married so that the wife can stay with her and take care of her. My bf dont know which way he will go. He doesnt want anything to happen to his mom specially that he is away and she is sick. I told him if his mom is in a rush then i am willing to marry him now. But then the mom's decision had change. She told him that since he didnt follow her in the first hand. She gave him time but he didnt do anything. Now she wont listen to his son and wont approve of his choices. She said she doesnt want us to be in relation because of cultural differences, communication and distance. She wants his wife to stay with her in india. Now my bf has lost all hope. He said that her mom has made her final decision. He just prays that something favorable will happen. I am now too broken hearted because i had envisioned our lives together. Now all of it have fallen apart. I dont know how to get pass this struggle

I think it sounds like you both need to make some tough decisions.

First his mom is clearly manipulating him. But the parents carry a lot of weight in Indian culture so he'll need to decide which way he wants to choose. You or his parents. If they won't accept you it's going to come down to that.

If you want to stick with your BF, you need to decide whether you can marry into a family like this. You will have to deal with them and their drama as long as you are together. Sounds like your BF needs to be clear how much he'll stick up for you again his family if you two continue. It will be largely his fight to fight but you can support him and stay by his side if you choose. I would also discuss what will come up later if you do proceed. Might his parents ever come back around? What will happen if there are children? What will their role be in his family? Etc.