Relationship Problems IS IT TIME TO LET GO

Tiffanimonroe85

Tiffanimonroe85

Ok so I'm 19 years old and a college student , I'm really attractive and get a lot of attention from men on social media , I met my boyfriend on social media a year ago and we've been on an off since October of 2013 , I was in the process of dating his friend before him but ended up liking him more so we talked on the phone every night , hung out , he met my family I met his , we even contemplated marriage and having children in the future , the only problem is he says I'm "too friendly " on social media with guys and it's really disrespectful to him , and I am "friendly" in a way , if someone comments up under my pictures I will politely respond , "thank you " , but to him that's being "friendly" he even gets angry if guys comment up under my statuses and I respond, I don't know if it's an insecurity issue or what because he comments up under girl's pictures all the time and I Don't get angry , he also always accused me of cheating and he doesn't allow me to have male friends ,he thinks all my male friends secretly want to have sex with me . Okay, to get to the point , last week my boyfriend asked me for 250 dollars last week because he had to pay court fees , I am currently unemployed but I asked my dad for the money , unfortunately I was unable to get the money for him and he got angry and said he thought I didn't care if he went to jail which was completely untrue , but I mistakenly sent him a text meant for a friend that said " I Deleted it all , he's not gonna find out" and he flipped on me , he texted me and said ,"lose my number " I'm out of your life for good , you're single " " I don't want to be with you , I don't care anymore" . This really hurt me because he has walked out of my life before but never said those words to me they really hurt because this is the same guy that said he wanted to Marry me and I was the girl of his dreams . He's done many other things to hurt me in the past like lying about owning a car and some mysterious girl even Messaged me from his Twitter account saying she was with him for 11 MONTHS and that he had been driving HER CAR and I still forgave him for all that but I texted him trying to reason with him and see him one last time and all he said was , "k." I finally gave up and stopped texting him but I'm still hurt , I miss him , I'm in love with him but I don't know what to do.

WhatYouWantToHear
I don't know what to do.

Yes you do. You probably just don't have the discipline to follow through with it.

Quit being weak and do what is right even if its harder in the short term.

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay you were dating his friend and jumped to him - where is your ex now?

Right there you rebounded.

Yes, we get you're attractive and that you're well liked on social media.

That's great. Just know that your boyfriend feeling you're too friendly is him being scared of losing you cause he likes you so much. There is a thing called leaking your sexual energy - and "likes" from a bunch of low class dudes is wack - and not worth losing a relationship over.

Lastly you said your bf needed money or he'll end up in jail?

If he is worth it - be there for him - if he is a criminal, lose him.

I say leave the boys alone - focus on your education and become independent - financially and emotionally - then you'll see the world differently.

Good luck.

• Like 1
TaraMaiden2

Yeah, you are way too young to even think about families, marriage, kids, long-term commitment.... Jeesh, you have so much time ahead of you for all that malookey...

The guy is too clingy and controlling.

He's also a total loser.

You're bright, educated, witty and intelligent.

What the heck do you want to tie yourself to this trash for?

TIME TO LET GO?

Time to kick him to the kerb!!

Edited by TaraMaiden2
  • Like 2

First, you're way too young to be even contemplating marriage with this man. I don't care how long you've been together, you need to experience what life has to offer you and being stuck with this man clearly isn't helping you do this.

Secondly, don't fall for men saying you're the girl of their dreams. They don't know what love actually is, most of them probably have only experienced lust and temptation that comes with fantasy of 'what if..' during romantic feelings. I'll bet you that these men, that seem to be barely out into the real world, don't even understand the concept of actual love.

You're 19. Don't get caught up in drama. Love isn't about fantasizing about getting married to somebody - it's so much more than that.

I'm really confused - what is there to like about this guy? He's possessive, controlling, jealous, and a dead beat. He accuses you of cheating, and doesn't let you have male friends. He can't keep up with his own affairs, then blames you because you can't bail him out. He flips out and breaks up with you via text, sending you awful things afterward, simply because you accidentally texted him instead of a friend. All of that done with zero context. He's lied to you. He's left you before. He's apparently fooled around on you (and probably still is).

If you can give me one redeeming quality for every horrible thing I just listed, then keep him.

If not, ditch him. I don't see what there is to love.