We're having a dispute over the wedding date. Please help

musicalsteve82

musicalsteve82

So I just got engaged to my girlfriend. The problem we're having is this: she wants to get married in April 2016. I want August 2016 instead. My best woman would not be available in April and would have to miss the wedding. My fiancé is upset and says it's unhealthy and obsessive. Bear in mind, my best woman has done the following:

Got me to medical attention when I was dying from pneumonia, thus saving my life.

Got me out of a bad relationship.

Took care of me when I was going through a nasty divorce.

Introduced me to my current fiancé.

Took me in for Christmas after I was dumped by a girlfriend so I wouldn't be alone.

Made me her man of honor in her own wedding.

This is my best friend of ten years and she is basically a sister to me. It wouldn't feel right if she wasn't there.

Is this so horribly unhealthy as my fiancé says?

Forgot to mention she is getting her way with everything else. She picks the colors, the clothes, and forbade me from having female friends in my party, except for the aforementioned best woman. We are also getting a cat against my wishes. We got engaged well before I was fully ready (despite my objections), without a ring (which I really wanted to get her).

You have given us every reason to believe that you two shouldn't get married at all.

• Like 6

You two have no ability to compromise & your FI seems more about the wedding then the marriage.

How about you put this whole thing off until 2017 so you can undergo premarital counseling.

• Like 2
We got engaged well before I was fully ready (despite my objections), without a ring (which I really wanted to get her).

You got engaged without your permission? How does that even happen?

If this is the girl you've only been dating since the end of January, this all seems far too fast.

That said, you have every right to have a say in the date of your wedding and who attends. If it is that important that your friend be there, then you need to put your foot down. Maybe you can compromise on a date in June.

• Like 1

That's why did not do a big stupid wedding. Wife and I are the most important people, **** everyone else. Sorry but have to push back date cause best friends cousin's former roommates sisters daughter isn't old enough to walk and be the flower girl and she once broke a hundred dollar bill for me when needed some twenties.

Not to add on to the pile...but I had to go back and look at your most recent posts, and on February 4th you'd only been dating for a week and she was already telling you she loves you? Now it's April 3rd and you're engaged without your actual consent or a ring, and fighting about the date of your wedding?

Good gracious.

• Like 3