Pop the question speach

bubble_pink

I have met the love of my life and I am pretty certain, I understand life has many twist and turns but I am ready to share life with my best friend and love.

I want to pop the question and I am looking for a little help

Here is what I want to say to her

Emma I love you more than I could ever show you through my actions, or words to express to you how much I want you in my life because I am human and have my flaws and both actions and words will fail me at times.

I see no one but you I can't see a time when I don't wake up next to you or to start the day and when the day draws to a close I embrace the moments I lay next to you at nite regardless of what the days ahead have in store for us to face, together or as individuals.

I cherish every moment good and bad.

I love the way we share life together how easy it is to be together to tell each other our dreams and together achieve them.

Nothing more in this life would make me more happier than to grow old with you making memories to last this life time and the next.

You soothe all my doubts you love me more than i have had the chance to experience the love that life brings, you make me realise what love is more than what I have shared with friends and family.

It scares me to hold something irreplaceable that many people in this world have tried to capture and define throughout our lifetime, and have fought to have the experience that love can bring.

I promise to you that I will love you the best I can, that I will be there for you in times of struggle, what ever comes our way, I will love you.

We plan to leave for Australia in June for a year and then live and work for the 2nd year.

Please can simone give me ideas for where I could propose and make it special and if I could add anything more to my speech.

Kind regards

The grand speech isn't necessary. Shorten it. Seriously. You will be nervous. You will never remember it all. As you stumble you will get more upset with yourself & you will think you ruined it. Do not talk about your flaws or your doubts. Keep it positive.

As for where, that depends on her. What does she like? Some classics include the scene of your 1st date, a park, the beach, sunset or sun rise, under a full moon, someplace memorable like the Eifel Tower or the top of the Empire State Building. It doesn't really matter where. Who (you) is all that matters.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I just asked if she liked my last name. She said yes. Asked do you like how it sounds after yours. She said yes. Then asked if she would like to live her life with that name.

It was rather understood before asked anything. No need to vomit a plastic romance card, keep it simple. Fact you wish to marry her in and of itself will be all the epic grand memory of the event need.

• Like 2

Oh my gosh lol, I couldn't remember what my husband said when he asked me if you paid me. Just pick a nice scenic place and keep it simple. :)

Honestly? I'd keep a speech like that for the wedding or something mate!

I get you want it to be special. I thought about doing Love Actually style signs/slideshow. But at the end of the day that was over complicating what is a very simple question! I was confident she'd say yes until I was about to do it, I was genuinely really nervous, last thing id of wanted to do was a massive speech - and actually it wasn't required.

I literally said to my wife "I love you, you know that - right?" she was like "yeah I've noticed", so I got on one knee and asked her "Alex, marry me?"

• Like 1