Why Couldn't You Attend a Close Friend's Wedding

musicalsteve82

musicalsteve82

I was invited to y best friend's wedding, but I had plans to go six hours on vacation that day. What do I do? Is this a legitimate reason to decline?

It's an invitation not a command performance. Go if you like. Send regrets & a nice gift if you already have plans. You certainly shouldn't lose any deposits you may have paid. If the happy couple was concerned about possible conflicts you would have been given a "save the date" notice 9+ months ago.

I was invited to y best friend's wedding, but I had plans to go six hours on vacation that day. What do I do? Is this a legitimate reason to decline?

I mean, this is your best friend and they didn't give you any notice when the date is??? Or they didn't know you'd already be away? I would try to go to BF's wedding and postpone my trip by a few hours, but something seems weird about this.....it's not like a wedding is a funeral where you get a few days notice.

If they are your very best friend, then WHY would you miss their wedding? If you were my best friend and you declined my invitation in favor of a vacation, I'd be extremely upset.

What's more important, your friendship or a vacation?

My cousin's bestie--who was to be a bridesmaid--couldnt attend her wedding. She was all set... but then got selected for a spot on a national team. Now, representing your country; that's a legitimate and excusable reason. Vacation? Maybe not so much...

Would it be easy to get time off on a Friday if you told your new employer you had a prior commitment?

It depends on the employer & it's policies. At this point all you can do is ask.