Age Gap

joshjosh38

i really want to propose to my girlfriend of 3 months. yea, yea i kno... we havent' really been together all that long but i kno im in love with her: FOR SURE. the only problem is that my parents dont kno were together :(

i dont know what to do because i really love her and i want to be with her for the rest of my life but im scared to let them kno because shes 46 and im 24.

she gives really good foot massages and even paid to get me out of jail when i got a DUI: BOTH TIMES.

how should i explain to my family that im in love with one of my moms friends?

• Like 1

I am going to give you the best advice I can:

DUDE! SLOW YOUR ROLL!

Yes I know I am shouting, but I think there needs to be a bit of that.

Im going to tell you what you don't want to hear.

1. Three months is a blip. Its not even entire semester of school. Marriage is no joke. People go into marriage wanting to be with their spouse for forever, right? So if you have forever with this woman, what's your hurry?

2. You need to slow down, chill out, work on your DUI issues and make yourself a worthy partner for this woman rather than to be a hot mess who doesn't have his stuff together.

Now I could be wrong in that assessment, but maybe not. I don't know when your DUI's occurred but I know that you can't legally drink until you are 21 and if you have had 2 DUIS in three years - that's a problem.

3. Some parents are ridiculous, but I would wager most arent. I would also wager if you are so in love with this woman and you know the relationship is a good one, you would tell your parents. Why? Because why wouldnt you want to race to tell the people who love you that you found someone who loves you? In this case I feel like you havent because you know they would disapprove. Have you thought about why? I mean really thought about why a relationship with a woman twice your age may not be a good idea for you in the long run? What about children? Does she have them? There are a lot of angles that need to be considered and not one of them should have a rush consideration.

3a. I would also have to wonder why a 46 year old woman is with a 24 year old man when there must be more age appropriate men out there.

Bottom line - Do I think you love her? Sure, I think you do think you love her. But why? What is it about her? It has to be more than massages to warrant marriage. I also think it takes more than three months to find out the answer to that question. Marriage is a hard row to hoe. Think before you think about leaping. Then before you think about leaping, talk to your parents.

• Like 1