Women get over a rejected proposal faster than men?

Darren2013

For us men it can get pretty bad, because we get rejected more. If you have been rejected lets say 50 times, it really starts to have an effect on your self-steem and it shows in your personality. So yeah, I'd say that's harder to get over with than just a couple of rejections.

Is it true that women usually get over a rejected marriage proposal faster than men?

If the man is the one who proposed, yeah I think it would take him longer to recover than the woman who said no.

• Author

I am talking about a woman proposing marriage. Would it take her longer or shorter to get over the rejection than a man who proposed?

This is another one of those "it depends on the person"... a sensitive woman will have a difficult time with it too! You can't paint everybody with the same brush

If anything I would think women would take it harder. Rejection is a fact of life for men but women are not used to it. And seeing how proposal is typically the man's role, a woman would already feel like she is sticking her neck way out there.

Then couple that with the fact that marriage and home and family and security etc are some of the things that women crave most and I think a rejected proposal would pack an extra sting for women.

Most of the time the woman is the one to say yes or no to the proposal. Some women propose but it's still rare I'd say. It's a hugh blow to the ego wether you're male or female.