Bachelorette Party Ideas

clairebear81

Hi everyone, can anyone offer any advice on organising a bachelorette party?

My best friend recently got engaged and although i couldn't be happier for her I am dreading organising one of these.

Do we go away some place?

Do we stay local and keep it low key?

Who to invite?

So many questions.

A girl at work suggested booking a butler in the Buff she said it was brilliant. Anyone had any experience of these guys? Website looks great but id rather have a few more recommendations.

Any experience on these naked butlers or advice in general would be very much appreciated.

C

Keep it small & get some ideas about what the bride wants. She may not want naked men at her bachelorette party. She may rather have a spa day with her girls. You also need a sense from the bride whether this is peers only or is she expecting her mother & FMIL to be invited. I expect their presence will change the tempo.

One of the most fun I ever went to was "slutty black tie." We all bought tickets to a black tie charity event then wore dresses that were too short or too tight, to too over the top than we otherwise would have worn. We danced the night away & drank champagne. It was marvelous.

Another one, we went to a comedy club & bought the bride sex related gag gifts which we forced her to open at the club. Of course the comedians made fun of her because of the toys.

• Like 1
We all bought tickets to a black tie charity event then wore dresses that were too short or too tight, to too over the top than we otherwise would have worn. We danced the night away & drank champagne. It was marvelous.

I'm picturing a bunch of drunk, scantily clad women grinding each other at an abused children's benefit

I'm picturing a bunch of drunk, scantily clad women grinding each other at an abused children's benefit

Nope. Wasn't like that at all.

Nobody was sober enough to drive but nobody was vulgar & my "slutty" dress was about 4 inches above my knee.

Whatever you do. Don't kidnap the bride, put her in a frog suit, and forcefully take her on a weekend trip to Krakow, Poland. Bad things WILL happen.

or maybe not...

Buy the ticket

Take the ride

See for yourself

• Like 1
todreaminblue

a naked butler huh....i suggest you dont have soup on the menu.....never know where that penis might end up......

i reckon a guy dressed up as the robot from lost in space would be cool.....or a guy in a frog suit serving pavlova....would look pretty awesome

i have always wanted to wear flippers a snorkel and a face mask and go dancing ....i think it would be a real challenge to try and boogie in flippers............snorkels might be fun to drink from...or fill the face mask up with mocktails then try and drink them through your nose apparently its possible.....whatever you decide to do, which probably will have nothing to do with my suggestions, i hope you have a blast..

if i were goign to have a bachelorette party i would have a mad hatters tea party mixed with dr suess.....and really funky music..............deb

• Like 1
a naked butler huh....i suggest you dont have soup on the menu.....never know where that penis might end up......

i reckon a guy dressed up as the robot from lost in space would be cool.....or a guy in a frog suit serving pavlova....would look pretty awesome

i have always wanted to wear flippers a snorkel and a face mask and go dancing ....i think it would be a real challenge to try and boogie in flippers............snorkels might be fun to drink from...or fill the face mask up with mocktails then try and drink them through your nose apparently its possible.....whatever you decide to do, which probably will have nothing to do with my suggestions, i hope you have a blast..

if i were goign to have a bachelorette party i would have a mad hatters tea party mixed with dr suess.....and really funky music..............deb

You are going to make one hell of a bachelorette someday dreaminblue. And definitely push for the lost robot (serving cookies right?), you know you want it! ;)

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Depends on your budget actually but there's tons of DIY ideas that are fun. Naughty stuff like the gag items from FakeABaby are hilarious bachelorette party stuff too. You could also gain inspiration from her interests so as to come up with the party's theme. Hope you all have a great time! :)

• 1 month later...

My sister is my MOH and planning my bachelorette party and believe me she hates organizing this kind of stuff. Definitely ask the bride what she wants.

I told my sister I just wanted to go to dinner and then maybe a piano bar and end up back at my house where we could watch bridesmaids and if everyone is too drunk to drive they can all crash at my house. I also told her who all I wanted to come. I wanted no strippers or naked men! So make sure and ask the bride before you go that route.

She took that and is working with the other bridesmaids to plan up something...easy peasy.

My fiancé on the other hand is planning a weekend beach trip with his buddies - they take the whole bachelor party to a whole weekend level. He's been on some amazing trips for bachelor parties, but I knew my friends/bridesmaids couldn't afford that so I made sure to factor that in.

Hi everyone, can anyone offer any advice on organising a bachelorette party?

My best friend recently got engaged and although i couldn't be happier for her I am dreading organising one of these.

Do we go away some place?

Do we stay local and keep it low key?

Who to invite?

So many questions.

A girl at work suggested booking a butler in the Buff she said it was brilliant. Anyone had any experience of these guys? Website looks great but id rather have a few more recommendations.

Any experience on these naked butlers or advice in general would be very much appreciated.

C

Ask your friend what she wants.

That would be my preference personally. I'm not fond of surprises and would rather be in on it. I wouldn't mind my friend doing the work for me but I would at least like to make suggestions or at least say what I'd like or absolutely wouldn't want. Since you haven't a clue, ask her if she has any idea/preferences, that way it is less stress for you to pull it out of thin air if she gives some ideas and also she's more likely to like what you plan if she had some say.

I would want a bridal shower, something chill, a late afternoon to night affair, outdoor transitioning to indoor, say at a day spa then transitioning to dinner on a patio, then moving inside to a spot with couches for games, dessert, champagne, a signature drink, music, and I personally wouldn't want naked butlers or strippers. But see that's me. I'm not your friend though and every person will have their own idea of what would be great, so ask her!

PS: A trip away might be cool too! That would be something I'd do, but it will be a lot more difficult to coordinate.

Edited by MissBee