Feeling lonely being far away from family and also still single

Lovely Difficulties

Lovely Difficulties

I'm feeling a bit lonely and discouraged about being single. I'm a 27-year old female, and I have a job in an energetic city, but I'm across the country from my family. I wanted to spread my wings and see what else the world had to offer. I ended up earning a master's degree as well. I have a group of friends where I'm at. I had a few boyfriends, but none of them that were serious enough to lead to marriage, so I figured why not go see more of the world since I didn't have anything else to do. I'm thankful for that, but I'm trying to figure out where I should go/if I should stay. A lot of my friends from back home left the nest, but they did so with their husband. I feel that would be easier because then at least they have some type of support instead of doing it all alone. I'm in this awkward stage of not being married, but being too old to be tied to my parents, and it's a lonely feeling. In fact, I cling to my parents for emotional support, call frequently, since I don't seem to have that here. In fact, I think they get irritated with how often I call, but at the same time don't realize how lonely I feel.

I've had a few boyfriends, but none of them worked out long term. I always saw myself being married at this age, but I know life doesn't always go as planned. Maybe if I wasn't so far from family, I'd feel less lonely. I feel envious of my friends that are in established marriages and starting families of their own. I know timing is different for everyone, and it's about building a life with the right person. However, I'm trying to figure out if I should stay in the city I'm in, or move back closer to family, not in with my parents again, but build a life closer to them. I'm sure if I met the right person where I'm at, I'd be more open to staying and feeling like I had a tie. Advice?

sdrawkcaB ssA

It is tough one making a life and to live one.

We are all led into believing we all can make what we want in life by having initiative. Today and our future requires giving our personal life up for being productive at work or just finding work in general.

It is all about balance, meaning cities are fast pace, towns are slow as molasses. Where do you fit in???

Home is always just right, maybe moving back closer to home to allow both your career and personal side of who you are to have the balance you want.

Peeps are all different yet act the same when caught in the mess of being so busy. One will loose or give up on what they expect in obtaining a relationship because everyone around them has gone to the fast pace in life.

So finding what you want is a bit tricky, maybe setting your own pace away from what your friends go about, and finding different activities that seem more to your personal side. Yoga, Pottery, Painting, Wall climbing, ect... are slower than out to the clubs or mixing at parties, but you never know who you may find with similar ways to share with. Once you do have that, your longing for home will be less so, as you will not feel like you are in such a foreign environment being alone.

Edited by sdrawkcaB ssA