Loss of friends because of wedding

Hey y'all!

Have any of you ever been in a wedding and stopped being friends or the friendship changed due to the bride or groom's behavior?

I find this so sad! I was in a wedding once and the bride and groom's behavior was beyond out of control. They lost a few friends over it. They were yelling at people and ordering them about.They wanted personal servants and fundraisers as opposed to friends showing up to stand by them on their day and then never thanked their wedding party. I did take it as a lesson for my own wedding though and realized it's just one day and just standing up for me was a huge honor in itself and was easy going and we had fun. I totally get there is a level of time and financial responsibility involved in a wedding that some people don't live up to...but I think the fact the bridal party also has a life gets lost, as does the bottom line (they showed up to support and stand by you).

Sorry that was a bit of a ramble and cautionary tale but I was wondering if this has also ever happened to y'all? xx

• Like 1
todreaminblue

to me a wedding should be joyful an expression of love that shouldnt be forced nor forced on anyone else......if i ever get married its going to be a wedding of such simplicity that love shines through......love is never forced on others and to be part of a wedding it should envelop all who are there with a feeling of joy and peace...in spite of the cake that turns up and gets dropped or looks like it was painted by a llama...or the llama took a bite just to taste his art...or the bride trips down the aisle..or one of the grooms throws up in the fruit punch.....yeah you need to get rid of the fruit punch.......or if someone doesnt show....the day should be filled with joy and that will counteract all the dr suess green eggs and ham or hungry llama moments.....i am always an idealist......going back to my fingerpainting now .........deb

• Like 1

My husband had a falling out with his best man...his friend freaked out over something stupid and he dropped out of the wedding 6 years ago. They got over it eventually though and were friends again.

• Like 2

There are horror stories like this all over the community board section of wedding board called TheKnot.com Mostly it's the brides on there asking why people aren't jumping through hoops for them.

• Like 1

A friend got wed last year, and this was essentially the story. Although she didn't boss people around per se, she's able to "motivate" which is essentially manipulation.

So, once she got what she wanted (everyone rallying, giving money, spending time with her, doing work) she dropped off the scene and didn't thank people. She's not someone I want in my life anymore.

• Like 1