Update: I'm engaged!

nescafe1982

I came to this forum around a year ago fretting over an impending cohabitation with my boyfriend and worrying about what "shacking up" before marriage would do to my relationship. Since then, I haven't followed ALL the advice I've been given here, but I've learned a lot from the folks on this board, and worked through some of my relationship stuff, from minor frustrations to major life choices, etc.

Just wanted to let y'all know that last week, he proposed. We're engaged!

Anyway, thanks to this board for giving me lots to think about for the past while. And I hope I can bug some of you people about pre-wedding neuroses, too. I'm bound to have a few!

• Like 26
Smilecharmer

Awwwww, this made my morning. I hope you are happy as Me and my sweetie. It has been two decades and we have had a lovely life together. Did you pick a date yet?

Grumpybutfun

Nice to hear some excellent news. Marriage is an adventure. All the challenges are made worth while by all of the joy.

Congratulations,

Grumps

• Like 1
  • Author
nescafe1982

Thanks to all! I'm way excited and, well frankly, it's only starting to feel real after several days.

Date will be sometime early next year. I'm on the West Coast, most of my friends on the East Coast. So I figure that if I plan in Spring.... most of them will want to escape New England for a party in Cali anyhow.

And Carrie, we'll see. :) But I certainly feel less afraid about them now, after hearing a range of perspectives here. Not sure if that will end up being a consideration (he's changed his mind about a lot of that stuff... I think some of it was fear based for him), but if it does, I feel better about discussing it (with the attendant professionals, of course).

• 2 weeks later...

Great news, Nescafe!!

Now you can opt for a grand fire-twirling entrance at your reception. ;)

It'd be great to hear how your wedding planning is going.

Keep us updated!

• Like 1
dragon_fly_7

Well congrat!!! Hopefully, I get my proposal one day too if even I just want a childless marriage.