The way he ask me...

Was so not romantic! I blame movies && tv shows!

Lol. He literally ask me on the way back home after we had eaten at Friday's! He was driving, and i was looking at the window! Listening to music, talking about the food we just ate, and he came out like, "Marry me?"

I was like, "What? huh?" Lol. He pulled over, and looked at me... and said it again, "Will you marry me?" I laughed a bit, and then well said... yes.

So anyone here have NON romantic proposal stories, or the most greatest lovie dovie proposal story, so I can hate. :D:D:D

EverLastluv

Lol. He literally ask me on the way back home after we had eaten at Friday's! He was driving, and i was looking at the window! Listening to music, talking about the food we just ate, and he came out like, "Marry me?"

I was like, "What? huh?" Lol. He pulled over, and looked at me... and said it again, "Will you marry me?" I laughed a bit, and then well said... yes.

So anyone here have NON romantic proposal stories, or the most greatest lovie dovie proposal story, so I can hate. :D:D:D

when he said "marry me " did he present a ring?

My H asked me over the 'phone... in fact, he didn't so much ask, as say that - "....once we get back to the uk, and find a place to live, we might as well get married...."

That was a proposal?

Yup.

That was a proposal!

:laugh:

• Author
when he said "marry me " did he present a ring?

Nope! We are shopping for a ring this week!

• Like 1

My husband did this whole thing . . .we were on a cruise, the ring was presented to me at dessert under domed service . . . then nothing.

He just looked at me. I sat there expectantly . . . waiting . . . . he just stared at me with a dopey look on his face . .. .

The poor waitress didn't know what to do. I think she was holding her breath.

Finally he said "well?"

I chuckled & said, "well what? I haven't heard any questions yet."

He got the hint & asked.

Not quite as unromantic as in the car on the way home from Fridays but hey, at least you are getting married.

Congratulations & happy planning.

• Like 2

We had a Big Conversation where we decided we wanted to have children, and get married. And to do so it would need to be a quick turnaround :D

So we planned and booked some key aspects of the wedding (friends and family knew the date and what we were planning); we were headed to London for something else so we extended the trip and spent a day ring-shopping in Hatton Garden, which turned out to be very romantic, very meaningful (such as him offering to sell his house to buy me the ring and wedding of my dreams, and me - obviously - refusing). When we got home, with the ring, and I was heading for an Icelandic holiday the next day with my son, he knew I wanted to be wearing the ring when I had to be away from him for a week so he said he was going in our bags for his toothbrush... He turned around whilst still on one knee and laughed 'will you marry me?' And put the ring on me.

It wasn't a surprise, I was exhausted at 1am in the morning, we'd used my money to buy it and I'd chosen it. Nothing like a traditional romantic proposal at all. It doesn't worry me at all. Some of our friends have the most wonderful proposal stories, some don't. But I only care that we have a wonderful relationship and are on the greatest adventure ever, together. Our wedding day was little like a traditional wedding day either, but it meant the world to us and couldn't have been more meaningful.

Please, don't worry about the proposal. It's not a competition. What matters is what you have, what you feel, why you are together, and what you have still to come :love:

• Like 1

My fiance and I had an "oops" pregnancy - baby boy is due in September - and we had already begun talking about getting married before that. He took me to pick out rings. A week later, he got on one knee in the living room and just asked me to marry him. It was nothing grandiose, but I knew the love behind it. :) Besides, it's the marriage that's most important - not the proposal, the ring or the wedding!:love:

• Like 2
EverLastluv

My fiance always say "ur going to be my wifey" Or ur "my wife" so I always say to him well how is that going to happen NOT by saying that the whole time! so for my Birthday, he told me he has a surprise for me coming. A week after he purchase my ring but the day he present it to me was soooooo bad. We had our first bigest argument/fight. The same day he pull out the ring from his pocket and said I still want to marry you .... OMGG I felt sooo bad, and I accept and say " I do" tooo :)

• Like 1
EverLastluv
Nope! We are shopping for a ring this week!

Thats wonderful, glad he is getting you the RING ;) however he gives it to you its okay... just as long you keep loving each other.

EverLastluv
So I guess we will just be sweeping the sexual incompatibility under the rug hmm?

lol I did read that post, since they move on to getting marry now I thought things has gotten better so I over look it :)

• Like 1
  • Author
So I guess we will just be sweeping the sexual incompatibility under the rug hmm?

Hey! He ask me. Wasn't even my idea lol

Must mean he's okay with our sex life, or might think it will get better. I don't know.

• Like 1

Must mean he's okay with our sex life, or might think it will get better. I don't know.

If there are compatibilty issues or you even have concerns, work them out before you so much as put a deposit down on anything wedding related. The sex doesn't magically get better just because you got married.

• Like 1

HE'S okay with it? He's got no reason to think it will get better, because he's happy with it now!

If you're accepted what he's offered up so far, he knows that he can slack even further once you're married. Act now before you're legally tied to the guy; who wants to undo bunch of paperwork later?

• Like 1

He was so cute! We went on a date and he asked what I wanted? I picked an all you can eat place. He kept looking around. Then he got a hotel room because we were traveling. I waited in the car and he came out twice. I felt like what is going on?

So we get in the room and he grabs my hand, takes a knee and is emotional. He says I love you, I can't see my life without you, all kinds of beautiful words that I was too emotional to hear. Before he could get it out I was wrapped around him saying yes:laugh:

He later said he didn't have the nuts to propose in the restaurant- not like I picked the classier places that we normally eat :lmao:

Then he wanted to in the hotel Lobby-but I didn't come in! Lol he had a beautiful ring. Ugh I love him!

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

This gives me a great idea. Maybe I can outdo your bf and propose while the girl is using the restroom taking a big dump.

*Knock Knock* "Honey, will you marry me?"

*Toilet flushes* "What?"

"Will you marry me? I slip the ring under the door. Make sure to wash your hands first."

"YES I will!"

:love: