confused between my x-boyfriend and my boyfriend

confusednow

I am really confused and I wish that you can give me some thoughts about that. I am gonna try to make the long story short.

I had a boyfriend for 4 years, we went together to study in US (I am not American, as you can guess). We were having some problems and at the end to be away from everything that I knew and without my boyfriend’s support was too much for me. He just was a jerk sometimes, he told me that his friends were HIS friends, so I needed to find mine. I didn’t know anyone, I had problems with the language. I was damn alone. He was completely different than the man that I loved and knew before. We broke up.

Then I met this wonderful guy that helped me so much and made me laugh everyday. We got along well and even when we had different majors we spent a lot of time together. As time passes we were getting closer and closer. One day we just kiss and everything after that was so fast. We lived so many things together, we got to knew each other pretty well. I still continue talking with my x-boyfriend and that was the only thing that made my new boyfriend mad.

I needed to leave and return to my country. That was difficult, the two people that I love most were miles away from me. I came back a little more than 1 year ago. My boyfriend and me emailed each other everyday, we got just so close that I could feel that he was almost here. He came over here two times already and we had a wonderful time. The last time he came over here he proposed me, I said yes.

Then, I found out that someone showed some pictures (of me and another guy) to my x-boyfriend before we went to US and he without asking me assumed that I cheated on him. I confronted him and he said that he could not believe that I could do that to him but he was scared about talking to me about that. We clarified things and he apologized about everything that happened. Then he proposed me saying that he doesn’t want to be with anyone else and after all of this time he couldn’t find another girl with whom he wants to be.

I am confused now about everything. I know that my boyfriend loves me so much but there a couple of things that bothers me about the situation. We need to wait at least 1.5 years in order to be together because of the visa paperwork and his job. I need to move and leave everything that I love, my family, friends and country. His family doesn’t like me so much. I think that they have doubts about if I am only want to get into US.

My x-boyfriend is going to be here in a couple of months and I really don’t know what to do. I am confused about my feelings.

Any thoughts that can help me?

• 2 weeks later...

Forget about paperwork, visas, parents for a moment. Just try to think about the one you are really in love with and couldn't live without. When you wake up in the morning, whose face do you want to see? When you are with him, does he make you feel complete?

I would go for the one who fits all of the above and not so much for the convenience/practicality of it. You need to be with the one who makes you feel special and makes life worth living.

Good Luck,

CC

He's you ex-boyfriend for a reason. What ever the reason, you simply could not deal with him anymore. Now if your current boyfriend is good to you, then why throw something good away?

From my own personal experience, and mine is long so I'll get to the point. I left my boyfriend of 8 years to be with this guy I was working with. For 3 years I kept moving out and moving in at least once a year because this other guy promised me the world. I finally moved out for the last time. I started staying with the new guy 6 months after I left my ex. This only lasted about 6 months before I realized that I could not stand this person. I realized that he was not the man I wanted to have children with or marry or anything. I stopped seeing him more then a year ago and prayed that my ex-boyfriend had not stopped loving me. He did not stop loving me but was bitter. Nevertheless, we've worked so hard to keep our love strong that we are still together and are more grateful to be with each other today then we thought we would ever be.

Good luck and FOLLOW YOUR HEART!