some peoples messed up idea of having kids

DanielFife83

some peoples messed up idea of having kids is "Your supposed to have them by a certain age", well what if they cant find a husband by that time what will they do?

this is probably why there are more single parents

NO ITS you have kids after youve married your life partner, not with your new boyfriend or one night stand with a friend.

• Like 2

There are lots of excellent parents who do so alone, from start to finish.

And being married doesn't guarantee someone will be a decent parent.

That said, having children when not ready or in an unhealthy relationship is to be avoided at all costs.

• Like 3
  • Author

That said, having children when not ready or in an unhealthy relationship is to be avoided at all costs.

I agree with that statement above! people adn this your supposed to have them in or by your late 20s is the wrong way to go about it, you have to have 2 HS before having kids, HOUSE AND A HUSBAND!

some peoples messed up idea of having kids is "Your supposed to have them by a certain age", well what if they cant find a husband by that time what will they do?

this is probably why there are more single parents

NO ITS you have kids after youve married your life partner, not with your new boyfriend or one night stand with a friend.

Having kids is important to me, but I realize kids aren't accessories and something I have for my own pleasure like a car or pet. I want to give my children a good life and be the best parent possible and for me that means: planning when I have children and having them within a long term commitment, which is marriage. If I marry a man it's because I have vetted him and would have considered how he would be as a parent and clearly I feel out of all men I've been with he is the MOST compatible and the one I want to build a life with.

I don't want to accidentally get pregnant or do it for any other reason than I planned it and I have the right context in place for it, so as much as I can control that I will.

People who just have kids carelessly, with multiple people, while they're in an affair and other kinds of not ideal situations, I don't understand it. Usually it's carelessness in the form of no birth control, no condoms and hoping for the best and for me I've always been paranoid and adamant about not being stuck with some man's child who I'm not committed to and who isn't committed to me and will probably also not be committed to his child, so others can do as they wish, but I take that seriously and as much as I can, for me I want to make bringing a child into the world a conscientious decision. In this day and age there is really no excuse esp on women's part to have a child before you're ready.

Edited by MissBee
  • Like 2

Yeah, I've also never understood why people need to rush into having kids, because they think they will be too old. Once you have kids, there is no going back, so it really should be something that you have thought about, considered and planned out in detail before making a decision. I'm almost 25 and I won't be having kids until I am 30 at the earliest due to several factors. One being I was recently laid off and I have no savings, but financial status aside, there are many things I'd like to accomplish before having children, such as teaching for at least a year abroad in a foreign country, travel, be in an established career and buy my own home. Women can have children well into their 30's and sometimes even 40's, so I won't even need to worry about it for at least another 10 years.

• Like 1
There are lots of excellent parents who do so alone, from start to finish.

And being married doesn't guarantee someone will be a decent parent.

So true.

One definitely doesn't require a house and/or a husband to be a great parent. :)

So true.

Single parent here. Father doing double duty also as a mother (-figure) :) . But having both, healthy parents involved sure is preferable! :)

You have to have 2 HS before having kids, HOUSE AND A HUSBAND!

You don't have to have anything.

As long as you can look after them and you love them - you don't NEED anything else.

My girlfriend got pregnant with twin boys a tad before we got together. We raise them together. You tell me what they're missing out on??

They care about lots off things:

Fraser cares about being fed before Ronnie.

Ron cares about his toy dog being there at night time.

Fraser cares about always being able to see the world, he has to be at the front of the pram and he squirms around when you pick him up.

Ronnie cares about getting plenty of cuddles.

But something neither of them seem to care about is whether there's a wedding band on my ring finger or not.

• Like 2