Wedding Decor & Themes

jenkruger

Does anyone have any summer wedding decor ideas/suggestions? I'm getting married in July and it'll be in a city so we were thinking of a light yellow/gold color theme. We were also considering daisies for decor. I would love to hear from other soon-to-be brides or those who have gotten married and have good suggestions!

Check out a website called The Knot. It's the quintessential wedding place on the web. Fair warning on the boards, those brides are vicious.

• Like 1
Check out a website called The Knot. It's the quintessential wedding place on the web. Fair warning on the boards, those brides are vicious.

Pinterest and WeddingGawker also have tons of wedding ideas!

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
Yellow and pale blue would look lovely for the summer. You can also mix yellow with white or pink.

Have you heard of gerbera daisies? They come in many colors.

I also think peonies look wonderful in warm weather.

I KNOW you question,but you need a yellow dress for summer,

How about this,I also bought one as a birthday gift for my sister,A-Line/Princess One-Shoulder Floor-Length Chiffon Prom Dress With Ruffle Beading (018020583) - DressFirst

• 1 month later...

We were older when we got married so we didn't go for a theme per se, but decided to do our favorite things. Colors were from fiances favorite flower, cake was chocolate for him and butter cream for me, catering was from the restaurant we had our first date in. Because we are both a bit natural, the decorations were freshwhite rose arrangements I made with fresh picked leaves, small tree branches, and pine cones. (We burned them in our outdoor fireplace at a football game party a few weeks after the wedding so we had no waste.)

We picked wines from a local vineyard, beer from a local brewery and then my husband had a bartender mix martinis (his favorite drink). For other decorations, we used framed pictures of our family/friends and ourselves to tell the story of us.

It wasn't trendy but even a few years later, I look back and think how it was authentic and classic.

Make your wedding yours - and Pinterest also helps!

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...