how did he propose?

countryrider13

Philosoraptor

Well I did the proposing, but I did it at the same exact spot I told her I loved her the first time. She had no idea it was coming.

• Like 1

I hoped it was coming.

He took me on a cruise & booked dinner into the nicest restaurant on the ship. My e-ring was "delivered" under domed French service; I thought it was a dessert I didn't order & didn't want because I was stuffed from dinner & I tried to send it back. The server looked at me & said, "It's not chocolate & you seriously want what's under here." She put the platter down & lifted the cover. There was my e-ring sitting up in the box on a bed of yellow roses. the ship was sailing through some rough waters so DH couldn't get down on one knee but still it was lovely.

Earlier this year for the 5th anniversary of our engagement DH took me on the same cruise & we had dinner at the same table in the nice restaurant.

• Like 1

No proposal. We came to the realisation we intended to spend the rest of our lives together, and that if we wanted babies (at our age) we might have to hurry things along a little, so we did.

Instead we had a very romantic moment in Hatton Garden when shopping for a diamond ring. I had set a budget for my ring (I was paying from redundancy monies and we would settle it 50:50 in the pre-nup - I know, doesn't sound romantic at all) and we weren't getting anywhere finding one we liked let alone loved.

After 2 hours he called a halt to proceedings and forced me to go with him down a sidestreet to stop and have a coffee and he told me he'd decided - and was determined - to sell his house to ensure he could afford a ring I loved, and deserved, and the remaining funds would go on all the extras for the wedding I was planning to cut out to save money.

He was so earnest, it was a lovely moment and made me cry. He was deadly serious. We didn't decide to sell his house (we are letting it out) but we tripled the ring budget and I adore it. :love:

• Like 1

New Year's Day (January 1st 2011) in the first few minutes of the year at the Shanghai Cafe. I really thought my husband would have picked something less conventional and he kind of screwed it up because he said, "But this isn't an engagement ring". :D:laugh:

What he meant was this isn't THE engagement ring - it's a stand in ring until I can get your ring but I wanted to do this tonight! LOL!

• Like 3

My boyfriend said something casually (I think it was in the bathroom, LOL!) about how he'd marry me in a heartbeat. I said 'are you asking?'. Yep.

I proceeded to have him ask me every day for eight days, once in each room of the house. I made a map of the house, and marked the date, time and location of each proposal in a different color on the map. Day 8 was Valentine's Day, and the map was done! (It went into our scrapbook) Only once did it get close to midnight, and he had to find some bizarre reason to get me to come out into the freezing cold garage, haha!

• Like 1

My fiance is terrible at surprising me but still managed to get me :) For a few months, he's been asking me what rings I liked. He might have thought he was being sneaky but I saw right through it. However, i WAS completely surprised by the timing and way he proposed. I thought he would at least wait until my birthday in November but he proposed in July. We met playing soccer together almost two years ago. He packed a picnic for us at the soccer field we met and after dinner, he sang me a song he wrote. The song was about us and why he loves me. He ended the song with "will you marry me?" and pulled out a ring! I still cry every time i tell it :)

I was taken to San Francisco's famous Top of the Mark - a 365-degree high-rise posh restaurant in the center of the city - for New Year's Eve and he asked there. He was in a tux and I was in an evening gown. We looked hot.

There was an endless caviar spread, stunning cheese and charcuterie plates and a full Spanish Prosciutto being carved, and a vintage Champagne already in a high-hat next to our table. A great jazz band was playing and - for a change - the view was clear and bright and the Golden Gate Bridge was fully lit (no fog!).

I was about 50% sure he was going to ask so I wasn't too surprised.

He took me back to the Ritz Carlton for their tea service (that was one of our first dates). We go every now and then and its lovely! We had finished up, I was stuffed and suddenly they bring out another dessert! I am not wanting it but they put it down and near the chocolate cake, written in chocolate on the plate is "will you marry me". :love: I start saying yes immediately even before he pulls the ring out! :laugh: He pulls out the ring and puts it on my finger and I give him a big kiss.

I still have the plate with the chocolate writing on it. I just couldn't wash it. :love: So far the chocolate is intact. It was very romantic and meant a lot as the first time there had such an impact on me.

• 2 weeks later...
kiss_andmakeup

We were in Toronto, in the lookout at the CN Tower. It was night time so all you could see were lights sparkling for miles. He got down on one knee. I was extremely surprised and I cried - a lot! I had to run to the restroom and touch up my face before dinner. ;)

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

I knew it was coming - he had ordered the ring - but I thought it was still several weeks away so I was completely surprised when he proposed at the top of a fire tower during a hike one weekend.