I am a guy this made me cry

I loved this! I cried too. I love when his dad says "yep, he's marrying up".

For some reason, the Bachelor just doesn't compare :):o;).

hoping2heal
No but these two will eventually be.

I see. So, divorce is something that happens to other marriages but yours? Please, bestow upon the rest of the lowly couples the secret to a long marriage lest they fall prey to the big, ugly, D word.

No but these two will eventually be.

Woggle, you're just bias-shifting.

Instead of constantly debasing, attacking and dissing women and devaluing them generally (with, of course, the exception of your ever-increasingly perfect wife), you've now shifted your focus of pessimism and ridicule to 'joint ventures'.

Do us all a favour, either get divorced (self-fulfilling prophecy), or just pack it in, ok?

• Like 3

Probably reflects an increasing number of situations.... I dare say the cynics believe everyone else's marriages will fail - except theirs.

When you marry, IiB, are you expecting YOUR marriage to succeed, or fail?

• Like 1
It was kind of cute I guess, I certainly didnt cry.

It was too long of a process and the song was stupid. Anyways lets be honest the marriage probably won't last.. But cool for them now I guess

He went through the process of asking hundreds of people to sing and dance for her. The thing was perfectly timed, so a lot of effort and training must have gone in it. Apparently he also had no problems with telling everyone he was going to propose, so his confidence must have been rock solid as well.

Sure, marriages don't always last. But this one just might. Now shut up and a be a big girl instead of an adolescent goth.

• Like 1

So you want to be married and have kids before the age of 26 - but you believe you'll succeed in maintaining a marriage, even though statistics/odds are heavily stacked against you?

You see where some of your contradictions lie, yes?

• Like 1
I'm being a big girl and I am a big girl with an opinion and it was LAME. I don't care about his timing, confidence, friends that had to learn the song whatever whatever it was too long.

I have never seen someone that is so clueless about relationships. It's not about the song. It's not about the length. It's not about the location.

Do you think that maybe, sometime in the future, after a whole lot of counselling, you could understand what this proposal was really about?

• Like 1
I'm being a big girl and I am a big girl with an opinion and it was LAME. I don't care about his timing, confidence, friends that had to learn the song whatever whatever it was too long.

So if your BF took great pains to organise, plan and orchestrate something along these lines for you - you'd stop it half way through and tell him he's being lame?

• Like 1

No.

Brad and Emily will last the distance.

For a start, they look quite similar.

And it's obvious they have such a huge support group and two sets of parents who value both of them.

I think this is a winner.

• Like 1
My boyfriend knows I am not into that at all. So I would hope if he ever did propose he would know not to do it this way.

That's not the question I asked you.

I didn't ask whether he would do something like this.

I asked you that if he did, would you tell him he is lame?

:lmao::lmao:

You're laughing at bona fide research?

Have you any idea how ridiculous that makes YOU?

How about you google it before dismissing it?

• Like 1
If he did do all that first thing I would say is "omg we have to do all this walking.. Seriously"

I would never hurt his feelings and say "this is lame" but I would certainly think it.

:lmao: Now that IS seriously funny. :lmao:

Well you should.

Opposites attract but have less staying power than those with similar tastes, goals objectives and looks.

The more 'like' your partner you are, the more chances you have of forming a cohesive union and lasting the long run.

• Like 1

Their whole story is

And it's obvious how they gel.

Sometimes, you can look at a couple and you just 'know' they've "cracked the code".

• Like 1

Aren't we putting the cart before the horse?

First, she has to find a BF that's a keeper (it's only a short while in with this guy, and she's already experiencing some insecurities) and then he has to want to marry her.

So far, nothing definite.

• Like 1
Aren't we putting the cart before the horse?

First, she has to find a BF that's a keeper (it's only a short while in with this guy, and she's already experiencing some insecurities) and then he has to want to marry her.

So far, nothing definite.

The sad part is that her unfounded cynicism is probably what causes her relationships to fail. It's a self fulfilling prophecy. I mean, how could you be with someone who is outspokenly negative on the whole thing?

The people in that clip obviously love each other. They also have a great set of (mutual) friends, who all said they love each other and also went through great pains to do this for them. Maybe they won't last the distance, I don't know.

Here's what I do know:

1) They're in love.

2) They have loads of nice friends.

3) They have loving family.

To me that makes them winners.

• Like 1
Being realistic is now cynical? Oh ok well sorry!

You don't know anything about me or my relationships... what I know about this couple:

1. They make stupid movies that are WAYYYY TOO LONG

2. They are lame.

3. They have lots of friends and family BUT that doesn't make a marriage last.

I also watched that video about how they fell in love (not from the beginning to end though) and it was boring, they also gave a bunch of things that most couples do like hold hands, study together, build a fire, dance etc... who doesn't do that? Just because you have the ability to make a cheese ball video and put it on youtube doesn't mean you are a winner or someone who will have a lasting marriage. Good luck to them but I was unimpressed.

It's okay to be jealous. But just come out and say it. This is painful to read. They're enthusiastic about life and you're not. Which is more fun do you think?

• Like 1

It's desperately sad to see someone so young, so cynical.

And yes, it is cynicism, not realism.

here you are, telling everyone how you feel you must have a baby by the time you're 25, be married and insist your marriage will last the distance (now THAT IS being unrealistic!) yet you deride, denounce and generally dismiss a couple's open and public profession of love.

Not that they also said one of the secrets of being together is to 'pray together'. Something you and your current beau will never do....

can't you see how full of self-contradictions you are?

Like everyone else's professions of love, affection and long-term commitment are highly unlikely and delusional, but you believe you have the monopoly on the matter....:confused:

I am enthusiastic about life I just don't like lame things. This video was lame. I'm sorry I didn't cry about some lame people dancing to a bad song... forgive me. Like I said good luck to them but it was corny to me.

I forgot you'd rather live in Nazi Germany.