Should I Propose or Not?

Hey guys so I've been dating my girlfriend for 2 1/2 years now.. we been long distance for 9 months now due to her work in another country..

So few months ago we kinda had a fight on the phone and I broke up with her because of a misunderstanding and stupidly I told her that I would have propose to her when we see each other ( I told her that when i was breaking up with her) so now everything is fine and fixed.. she explained her side and now were back together and gonna see each other in August..

Few days ago she brought up engagement talk and told me that she doesn't want the ring this time she want me to prove it to her first that i changed and I'm never gonna break up with her again.

So i said ok I understand that and I told her that I returned the ring but the truth is i did not returned it and I already planned my proposal for her in Las Vegas.. I've been nice to her after that incident and I admitted that I should never have done that..

Should I still propose or not?

I'm really thinking that I should do it some other time but Las Vegas would be a very special moment for us as this is the only time we gonna go there.. HELP! :(

Should I still propose or not?

I'm really thinking that I should do it some other time but Las Vegas would be a very special moment for us as this is the only time we gonna go there.. HELP! :(

She told you she doesn't want to get engaged yet. Don't ignore her wishes in favor of doing it just because you want to and also because Vegas is neat.

A huge part of having a successful relationship is listening to your partner and respecting their opinion. If you propose to her now, you'll prove that what you want is more important than what she wants or how she feels. Don't start it off that way.

• Like 4
Philosoraptor

Doesn't sound like there is a whole lot of stability here. Marriage does not fix issues and an engagement is a way to bolster current happiness, not build it from scratch.

I'd say no, work on your connection with her and you'll know when and if the time is right.

• Like 2
  • Author

Thanks for this reply.. I was thinking I'm a bit selfish if i propose to her now.. Maybe I will just wait till next year :)

She told you she doesn't want to get engaged yet. Don't ignore her wishes in favor of doing it just because you want to and also because Vegas is neat.

A huge part of having a successful relationship is listening to your partner and respecting their opinion. If you propose to her now, you'll prove that what you want is more important than what she wants or how she feels. Don't start it off that way.