Getting married first day of summer 2014

Philosoraptor

Philosoraptor

So in my yearish hiatus from loveshack I met a wonderful woman and I ended up proposing back in February. The information regarding the wedding is in my profile link on the wedding site (don’t want to post the link in the open here).

Anyways, hope all is going well all. Now that everything is straight in my world I figured I’d start posting here again and offering what advice I can.

• Like 14

I've just posted on another thread as I saw you turned up again. Congrats Philo, keep us posted :)

• Like 1

Congrats!

Can we have details? How long have you dated this woman? How long before you knew you wanted to marry her? What makes how you feel about this woman different than women in the past?

• Like 1
  • Author
Philosoraptor
Congrats!

Can we have details? How long have you dated this woman? How long before you knew you wanted to marry her? What makes how you feel about this woman different than women in the past?

We've been going out for about 10 months now. The spark was instant upon meeting and everything was very comfortable. I'd say within a couple of months there was no doubt where it was headed.

Everything is easy and open. She's like me, just comfortable being herself and not worried about games or putting up any sort of facade. She's funny, smart, beautiful, compassionate, has a wonderful heart... and most of all she's weird and happy being so... and I love her for it.

I was going on a few dates a week for most of last summer before I met her. So many people just putting up fronts and being what society tells them they should be. When I met her I never went on another date with anyone else. Knew she was different from the moment I laid eyes on her, got to speaking, and never looked back.

• Like 4

I was going on a few dates a week for most of last summer before I met her. So many people just putting up fronts and being what society tells them they should be. When I met her I never went on another date with anyone else. Knew she was different from the moment I laid eyes on her, got to speaking, and never looked back.

Well I'm a little sad that a hottie like you is off the market but at the time I'm very pleased for you :)

• Like 1

Philo good to see you back mate. I would normally say people are 'crazy' for marrying a person they only know a year but you know what, if it feels right, it feels right. I still (and always will) believe in the magic of romance and it seems you have found that 'magic' with a great girl.

Life can be tough sometimes so, when the great times come it is so important that we all enjoy them. She is a beautiful girl and you are lucky to have each other. I believe you have 'cracked' it my friend and I have no doubt you guys are perfect for each other. I wish you both a lifetime of happiness together...Congrats mate

• Author
Philosoraptor
Philo good to see you back mate. I would normally say people are 'crazy' for marrying a person they only know a year but you know what, if it feels right, it feels right. I still (and always will) believe in the magic of romance and it seems you have found that 'magic' with a great girl.

Life can be tough sometimes so, when the great times come it is so important that we all enjoy them. She is a beautiful girl and you are lucky to have each other. I believe you have 'cracked' it my friend and I have no doubt you guys are perfect for each other. I wish you both a lifetime of happiness together...Congrats mate

I agree, the moment you stop believing in magic is when you start to settle rather than going after what you truly want. It took awhile to find someone open and free, just being herself, but it was worth the wait rather than settling for any of the other dates.

Thank you very much :) She certainly is gorgeous. Just added an album with some of the engagement photos. Even the photographer was impressed with how well we clicked. We're apparently quite photogenic together and made his job very easy.

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/members/139338-philosoraptor/albums/1013-engagement-photos/

• Like 3

I'm still a little gutted that he is off the market but the photos are cute :)

• Like 1
  • Author
Philosoraptor
Awww, the two of you look so sweet together!!! :love: Matching clothes colors, too! :laugh:

So happy for you, dude!

She picked her dress out and then picked my clothes out. Apparently my t-shirt and jeans weren't quite engagement photo worthy. My job was just to keep her smiling, which isn't very hard to do :laugh:

Thank you :D

I'm still a little gutted that he is off the market but the photos are cute :)

:eek: Don't despair, I'm selling clones on ebay to pay for the wedding :lmao:

• Like 3

You two make such a cute couple and your story and the way you feel about her just warms my heart.

I love when great people end up together :love:

Congrats! :love::bunny::bunny::bunny:

They say that couples start to look like each other over time. IMO, the two of you already have that vibe going. Must be meant to be.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author
Philosoraptor
Congratulations and best wishes for a long and healthy union.

Thank you :)

You two make such a cute couple and your story and the way you feel about her just warms my heart.

I love when great people end up together :love:

Congrats! :love::bunny::bunny::bunny:

She just warms my heart too :D Funny how I just crossed her at a lake and we hit it off.

They say that couples start to look like each other over time. IMO, the two of you already have that vibe going. Must be meant to be.

We are quite photogenic together. I think what looks most alike is the big smiles, but we tend to do a lot of that together :D

Congratulations! That's great news. You both look and sound so perfect for each other. :bunny:

We are quite a match, thank you :)

• Like 2

Belated congratulations! It sounds like you would affirm the idea of "what a difference a year makes" - in our case it was a year plus two weeks from first seeing each other's face to the wedding day. Are you counting the days yet?

. . . . Just added an album with some of the engagement photos.

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/members/139338-philosoraptor/albums/1013-engagement-photos/

Dressing alike can be a fun thing to do from time to time. It's a little child-like in the sense of being fun and whimsical but not necessarily child-ish. My wife and I have about half a dozen matching shirts (same color, same fabric, same style, etc). We sometimes wear matching shirts to casual social events such as block parties or kids' athletic events where people may not know us as a couple. A few weeks ago we wore matching shirts to a reception for volunteers who had worked, or were thinking of working, in a group that befriends international college students at a local university. Though some volunteers are, like us, residents of the larger, non-university, community, the majority are students or 20-somethings with direct ties to the university. One grad student, a beautiful brainy young lady whom we have worked with a few times, commented on the matching clothes and I replied, "My wife makes me do this when we go to wild college parties so I know which girl I'm supposed to go home with." , . . . and my wife chimed in with "And my next husband won't need a shirt to remind him.".

We've been making the "List of Things My NEXT Wife Won't Do", and "List of Things My NEXT Husband Won't Do" for almost 39 years. I hope you have AT LEAST that much time to discover each other!

samsungxoxo
So in my yearish hiatus from loveshack I met a wonderful woman and I ended up proposing back in February. The information regarding the wedding is in my profile link on the wedding site (don’t want to post the link in the open here).

Anyways, hope all is going well all. Now that everything is straight in my world I figured I’d start posting here again and offering what advice I can.

Wow if I recalled clearly, you weren't interested in getting married before. I see you had a change of heart. Good luck with your wedding.
  • Author
Philosoraptor
Belated congratulations! It sounds like you would affirm the idea of "what a difference a year makes" - in our case it was a year plus two weeks from first seeing each other's face to the wedding day. Are you counting the days yet?

Thank you. Not counting the days yet, just watching the calendar months change.

Dressing alike can be a fun thing to do from time to time. It's a little child-like in the sense of being fun and whimsical but not necessarily child-ish. My wife and I have about half a dozen matching shirts (same color, same fabric, same style, etc). We sometimes wear matching shirts to casual social events such as block parties or kids' athletic events where people may not know us as a couple. A few weeks ago we wore matching shirts to a reception for volunteers who had worked, or were thinking of working, in a group that befriends international college students at a local university. Though some volunteers are, like us, residents of the larger, non-university, community, the majority are students or 20-somethings with direct ties to the university. One grad student, a beautiful brainy young lady whom we have worked with a few times, commented on the matching clothes and I replied, "My wife makes me do this when we go to wild college parties so I know which girl I'm supposed to go home with." , . . . and my wife chimed in with "And my next husband won't need a shirt to remind him.".

We've been making the "List of Things My NEXT Wife Won't Do", and "List of Things My NEXT Husband Won't Do" for almost 39 years. I hope you have AT LEAST that much time to discover each other!

Haha well I only let her pick this out for the engagement photos as my raggety shorts and t-shirt weren't up to par for such memories apparently. Thank you for the well wishes :)

Wow if I recalled clearly, you weren't interested in getting married before. I see you had a change of heart. Good luck with your wedding.

You recall incorrectly, just patiently waited for the right person. But thank you for the well wishes :laugh:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Author
Philosoraptor
I am very, very happy and excited for you. I hope that your experience is inspirational and heartening to others around here! Have a wonderful life with this special person; I know you will.

Thank you, hoping for that happy ever after.

Honeymoon scheduled yesterday. A week at the beautiful Sandals La Toc in St. Lucia. :D

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...