He officially proposed last night :)

For those of you who remember my story... my love and I started out as friends, then became FWB, then we progressed to a relationship, and eventually, we moved in together and decided to try for a baby. I got pregnant this past May, and we decided that we wanted to get married.

But I didn't have a ring, and it wasn't really "official" until last night :)

I wanted to share the story with you all!

Last night he said he wanted to go to the boardwalk, where we used to hang out a lot when we first started dating. So we went, and had a lovely seafood dinner, then we decided to take a walk around the beach, since it was a beautiful night.

We were walking around, having a conversation about nothing in particular, while I was looking for pieces of sea glass and rocks along the shore, trying to find pretty ones to take home (a habit of mine since I was a child).

At one point, I stopped, and he hugged me from behind...

"I have a surprise for you", he said, as I was bending over to pick up a rock...

"Anal sex? :confused:", I turned around to look at him, still bent over.

We both started to joke and laugh hysterically. I straightened up, and he let the thought trail off.

So at this point I got an inkling... but I wasn't going to make it easy for him! :lmao:

Kept walking along the shallow water, with my shoes in one hand and trying to keep my dress from getting wet. I handed him several stones and glass pieces to hold, so he had both hands full.

After a couple of minutes, he started to try to reach into his pocket, while holding his shoes and a handful of stones in the other.

I pretend not to notice and walked further into the sea...

When he finished rummaging into his pocket, he walked over to me, as I was taking all sorts of interest on a stone I was holding. I turned around, and there he was, awkwardly holding the ring box open in front of me.

"So... will you marry me?", he awkwardly asked with an adorable smile.

"But you're not on your knee!", I responded playfully.

He paused for a second and looked down to the water up to his knees.

"Oh, yes, of course...", he muttered, before realizing I was messing with him.

I just started to laugh, hugged him, and said "Of course I will marry you", as I tugged him along before he got the chance to kneel in two feet of water.

He put the ring on my finger, we kissed, and then he joked that when our kids asks about the proposal, he will tell them that I suggested anal sex on the beach and was being difficult. :lmao:

After that, we walked around some more enjoying the nice night, before eventually heading home...

Oh, yeah, and for you ladies... here's the ring :p

http://db.tt/cDHjU3aW

... and the rest is history. ;)

-A

Edited by Arabella
  • Like 21
  • Author

Thanks Nyla!

Yes, we're still eloping. We just can't be bothered with the whole wedding planning thing. Too much drama and money!

-A

Yup! Weddings are a huge headache and waste of money. Sometimes the couples who have the largest and most lavish weddings don't even stay together.

I know three couples who had big weddings who were divorced or separated by the first anniversary.

• Author

The only thing holding us back right now is the fact that I'm still technically married (ex from 4 years ago :laugh:) We filed a while back, but the court is taking their sweet time!

As soon as that's done, off to city hall we go.

Congrats! Love the bling!!

Second the congratulations AND the great bling!

Are you going to have a honeymoon? It is always nice to get away to celebrate your marriage.

We had our honeymoon the same place we got married.

• Author
Are you going to have a honeymoon? It is always nice to get away to celebrate your marriage.

We had our honeymoon the same place we got married.

Yes! We're going away to my country (Spain) for 10 days at the end of August. It's kind of a two-for-one deal as we'd already planned it before we decided to get married, but now I get to introduce him to my family as "husband" :)

Thank you everyone!! :D

• Like 1
For those of you who remember my story... my love and I started out as friends, then became FWB, then we progressed to a relationship, and eventually, we moved in together and decided to try for a baby. I got pregnant this past May, and we decided that we wanted to get married.

Last night he said he wanted to go to the boardwalk, where we used to hang out a lot when we first started dating. So we went, and had a lovely seafood dinner, then we decided to take a walk around the beach, since it was a beautiful night.

We were walking around, having a conversation about nothing in particular, while I was looking for pieces of sea glass and rocks along the shore, trying to find pretty ones to take home (a habit of mine since I was a child).

"I have a surprise for you", he said, as I was bending over to pick up a rock...

We both started to joke and laugh hysterically. I straightened up, and he let the thought trail off.

So at this point I got an inkling... but I wasn't going to make it easy for him! :lmao:

Kept walking along the shallow water, with my shoes in one hand and trying to keep my dress from getting wet. I handed him several stones and glass pieces to hold, so he had both hands full.

After a couple of minutes, he started to try to reach into his pocket, while holding his shoes and a handful of stones in the other.

When he finished rummaging into his pocket, he walked over to me, as I was taking all sorts of interest on a stone I was holding. I turned around, and there he was, awkwardly holding the ring box open in front of me.

I just started to laugh, hugged him, and said "Of course I will marry you", as I tugged him along before he got the chance to kneel in two feet of water.

He put the ring on my finger, we kissed, and then he joked that when our kids asks about the proposal, he will tell them that I suggested anal sex on the beach and was being difficult. :lmao:

After that, we walked around some more enjoying the nice night, before eventually heading home...

-A

Congratulations!! :love: I had meant to congratulate you on your pregnancy as well, but totally spaced it.

That is a very awesome story. Also, the "Anal sex?" part had me rolling. :laugh::lmao:

ETA: Oooh, I just saw the ring. Wow!! ....You know, if your fingers get swollen from pregnancy and you need someone to wear the ring for you in the interim, I volunteer. LOL

• Like 1
  • Author

Thank you TigerCub and Treasa!!

Gosh, so many good things happening to me lately... I almost feel like I'm depleting my good luck pool and I'll be screwed for the rest of my life! lol

Thank you TigerCub and Treasa!!

Gosh, so many good things happening to me lately... I almost feel like I'm depleting my good luck pool and I'll be screwed for the rest of my life! lol

Parenting a child will balance things out, I'm sure. :laugh:

• Like 2
  • Author
Parenting a child will balance things out, I'm sure. :laugh:

I just showered my laptop's screen with soda. Thanks Treasa. :lmao:

Ah, that rings so very true...

• Like 1

Congrats, Arabella! Many happy years to you both. :love:

I loved the story, too. Definitely one of the best engagement stories out there. :lmao:

• Like 1
SarcasticAbby

-A

Awww... I absolutely LOVE this story! Congrats!!!

• Like 1