Fiance Visa

I will be moving to the US and I'd like to bring my girlfriend with me. I will have to marry her and support her. We have both discussed it and we are completely fine with it. We are perfectly compatible.

The only problem is is that she is under 21.

Can she qualify for a VISA if she is 19? I am 20, and I got a $60 000 job in the US. I am going to take the job no matter what.

Thanks in advance,

Joe

If you're moving for a job, you will only have a work visa? Only until a certain years will you be able to re-apply for your work visa or apply for permanent residence. I'm not a Visa expert, but I'm certain there are rules about a fiance/spouse visa because you're not actually considered a permanent residence and may not be able to sponsor her. If you are already married prior to your work visa, I would ask your employer as to how to bring your spouse with you.

I am currently going through the K1 Visa process, however my spouse is a US Citizen (born and raised).

Haven't you guys only been dating 3 mos?

And isn't she in a school program?

Dude this is SUCH a stupid idea like I can't even BEGIN to explain because you are too young and naive to get it.

Luckily I think it'll be pretty difficult for you to get her here.

• Like 1
Citizen Erased

You'll need to do a heck of a lot more research than posting this thread on a forum unrelated to the visa process. I suggest you use google.

Also, depending on where in the US you will be moving to, $60,000 solo income is not much to cover living expenses and a dependent.

Citizen Erased
Also, depending on where in the US you will be moving to, $60,000 solo income is not much to cover living expenses and a dependent.

That doesn't really matter in the visa process. As long as the "sponsor" can prove they will be living above the poverty line, they're fine. 60k is well above that line.

Oh yeah and if you're going for the K1 fiancé visa OP, you have to be a US citizen to petition on behalf of your fiancée.

Edited by Citizen Erased

In your last thread on this subject, you said:

Not sure I can handle a 3-year LDR. Not sure I can trust her, or even myself for that long.

If that is how you feel then you two should not be contemplating marriage and her moving to be with you.

I will be moving to the US and I'd like to bring my girlfriend with me. I will have to marry her and support her. We have both discussed it and we are completely fine with it. We are perfectly compatible.

The only problem is is that she is under 21.

Can she qualify for a VISA if she is 19? I am 20, and I got a $60 000 job in the US. I am going to take the job no matter what.

Thanks in advance,

Joe

Since no US state has a legal right to marry age as high as 19 that is not a problem. It may be if you tried to marry in another nation with higher age standards and use a spousal visa. It is the move to the US for work part that is the problem. You have to be a US citizen. Are you a GI, went to school in a foreign nation, an Army brat.....? If not then you should marry where you are and roll her visa into your work visa application.

Huh. So you, Mr. Definitely Millionaire, are going to marry your 'IQ below her age' gf and bring her to the US for a $60,000/year :lmao: job. What's she gonna do there to live up to your 'intellectual' requirements of a woman? Read the Think Rich book that you gave her 10,000 times? :o

• Like 1