Should I marry someone who's like this?

Confusedbreakup

Confusedbreakup

Hello--

I woke this morning with a strange feeling inside of me, and as I showered I started to think even deeper into what going on inside of me. I have a bf of over 2 years. And lately I've been feeling a little insecure about our relationship.. We've had our ups and downs as in most relationship, and lately I've noticed that we've both been trying our best to make things better.

The issue--My current boyfriend has a preference of Hispanic women, particularly puerto rican woman, he says he likes their looks, ie color of skin, long hair etc. I however am black/hispanic, attractive, and slender... I am however, brown skin and dont resemble his ideal loook what so ever.. I often see him staring at these types in the street, and would sometimes see him reference them in messages to friends. He's never been with a puerto rican woman before in a relationship or dating.. He's white by the way. I saw some things written to a friend about going to clubs that at 80% hispanic. He is young and immature, so I'm not sure if this plays a role. My question is should I continue this relationship feeling like a second best or am I over thinking this? Please help me with some clarity. I'm worried that we'll continue on with him just going through the motions and will eventually find someone more his type that like him. I don't know if I should keep it going or try to cool my feelings down. Also, is this someone I should ever consider marrying? I am 29 years old. Thanks.

• Like 1

If you already have doubts then NO. Find someone who loves everything about you and not always looking around for something different (or ideal).

You're old enough to know better. Find someone more mature. Marriage should be out of the question.

• 4 weeks later...
lostfairytales

If you are having doubts, then no. While it may seem like it is good that you are both trying to make the relationship better and keep it from falling apart, the need to do this in the first place already cancels out the good of it.

You should let your boyfriend know that it bothers you when he talks of other women as well as how you feel second best. The fact that he is constantly talking of other women for their looks to his buddies and talking of going to clubs for women is not a good sign, especially since he is telling his friends that. The fact that he hasn't ever been with a puerto rican woman might also make him want to be with one more, which doesn't quite help your situation.

Letting him off the hook because he is "young and immature" will not be helpful at all. If he is young and immature, that gives you one more reason NOT to stay in this relationship.

Make it clear to him that what he is doing is bothering you and making you feel second best. If he stops his behaviors or tries to, that is a good sign. If he ignores you, makes excuses, or laughs at you, I would hightail out of there. A man who makes you feel second best and doesn't care what you feel is not a man to be with.

• Like 1