The Second Time Around

For those women who have married more than once (or twice), would you mind sharing what you wore?

Did the idea of wearing white again put you off?

Did you swing toward casual after having a formal affair the first time?

Or perhaps, visa-versa.

• Like 2
  • Author
Congrats Cerridwen.:bunny::p

Why, thank you!!

Ooh, congratulations, C? ^^

High five!! WHAT?!

It's not me!

Trust me, Els, if I was getting married, there'd be no subtlety about my announcement.

I'd really like to know.

My sister's getting married and can't decide on "bone" (*snort*) or pale yellow.

She's ruled out white because it's her second go-around.

I don't agree with ruling it out so I wanted to take LS's temperature on the matter.

Edited by cerridwen
  • Like 3

What about a very whittish grey.

We used that color on our house and it looks good, 2nd color too. First time it was red/yellow.

• Like 1
  • Author

White-ish gray sounds kinda nice.

I won't tell her it's a house color and I wont hold a paint swatch up to her.

I agree it can be tasteful in the right shade.

I know she secretly wants to wear white and it's not a religious ceremony so I'm not sure what gives.

But thanks, Radu.

I'll float the idea past her. :)

If she is religious she could become a born-again Christian right before the wedding, and still wear white.

Or if not, choose that gray that is so close to white that it might as well be white.

I have a feeling it's not a rare shade for bride's dresses ... in the West. :p

I've never been married, but we wore ivory-coloured bridesmaid dresses for my cousin Louise's wedding. Would an off-white do?

• Like 1
Mme. Chaucer

I had an ivory dress from Dolly Couture based on this one:

http://dollycouture.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/small_image/229x342/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/1/1/1189737656_ufm42-x2_1.jpg

Mine was ivory and it has a midnight blue very fluffy and full tulle underskirt.

I think that one should wear whatever they darn well feel like wearing when they get married. It only happens once. Or, twice, or sometimes 3 or 7 times. Whatever.

• Like 3
dreamingoftigers

http://dollycouture.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/small_image/229x342/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/1/1/1189737656_ufm42-x2_1.jpg

Mine was ivory and it has a midnight blue very fluffy and full tulle underskirt.

I think that one should wear whatever they darn well feel like wearing when they get married. It only happens once. Or, twice, or sometimes 3 or 7 times. Whatever.

At least only once a month.....

• Like 1
  • Author

Or if not, choose that gray that is so close to white that it might as well be white.

I have a feeling it's not a rare shade for bride's dresses ... in the West. :p

:p

I've never been married, but we wore ivory-coloured bridesmaid dresses for my cousin Louise's wedding. Would an off-white do?

Another vote for ivory - would look gorgeous with an olive or warm-toned complexion.

I love the idea.

It's so beautiful and classic.

You're so rock-and-roll. :cool:

• Author
+1 on Ivory with olive skin.

I'm sorry.

I have you down here as "Sherwin Williams' Colonial Gray with Blue Trim."

No backing out now.

• Like 2

I was married long ago but didn't have a big 'do' at all.

If (fingers crossed) I wed again I fancy a 1950's style halter, white but with a floral pattern.

I would quite like to marry in a field or my garden, seeing as it would be a humanist ceremony. The legal ceremony, not so bothered about that - we could pop to the Registry office in jeans and t-shirt the day before or whatever. :)

• Like 3
  • Author
I was married long ago but didn't have a big 'do' at all.

If (fingers crossed) I wed again I fancy a 1950's style halter, white but with a floral pattern.

I would quite like to marry in a field or my garden, seeing as it would be a humanist ceremony. The legal ceremony, not so bothered about that - we could pop to the Registry office in jeans and t-shirt the day before or whatever. :)

I love the imagery of the dress and the setting of an English garden.

My first wedding was very small, fun but formal.

You've just described my ideal second wedding.

I like your style very much. :)

• Like 3

Avoided the white the second time and wore a pale champagne coloured dress. As far as formal to casual, the original plan was a massive formal that our mothers wanted but after we accidentally got pregnant while engaged, it thankfully reverted to something much, much, much smaller, an elopement :laugh: held at my parent's home. Wouldn't say it was casual, as in comfort wear for everyone but it was so much more warm and intimate, especially since a family friend presided as JP (marriage commissioner).

• Like 2
Forever Learning

If she secretly wants to wear white as you mentioned then I vote she wear the whitest Mary Poppins Donny and Marie Brady Bunch white she can get her hands on! I don't care what number wedding it is. If Great Aunt Ethel gasps at the sight of it, all the better!

I wore a grey pant suit to my justice of the peace ceremony. I took the $ 20,000 my folks gave me for the wedding and paid off my house. My folks were cool with that, it was to spend however I wanted, wedding or whatever. Good stuff!

Edited by Forever Learning
  • Like 2
  • Author
Do you really want me to turn into a Bridezilla ?

:laugh:

Radu, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

Avoided the white the second time and wore a pale champagne coloured dress. As far as formal to casual, the original plan was a massive formal that our mothers wanted but after we accidentally got pregnant while engaged, it thankfully reverted to something much, much, much smaller, an elopement :laugh: held at my parent's home. Wouldn't say it was casual, as in comfort wear for everyone but it was so much more warm and intimate, especially since a family friend presided as JP (marriage commissioner).

Champagne is what immediately came to mind when sister said no to white.

Today she decided to get married in winter at some lodge in Manitou Springs, Colorado.

I encouraged her to wear whatever color she truly wants and she's opting for the ivory dress we saw.

*I* will wear champagne. :D

If she secretly wants to wear white as you mentioned then I vote she wear the whitest Mary Poppins Donny and Marie Brady Bunch white she can get her hands on! I don't care what number wedding it is. If Great Aunt Ethel gasps at the sight of it, all the better!

I wore a grey pant suit to my justice of the peace ceremony. I took the $ 20,000 my folks gave me for the wedding and paid off my house. My folks were cool with that, it was to spend however I wanted, wedding or whatever. Good stuff!

What a smart move.

I may have done the same were a house in the picture.

As it was, I made my wedding small so as to blow the rest on an incredible travel honeymoon.

I don't regret it, but the second time around I'd probably use everything on the wedding.

• Like 2
Forever Learning
Bet you will! :laugh:

Of course! A bubbley gal like Cerri, it makes perfect sense in the universal scheme of things.

• Like 2
:laugh:

Radu, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

black cat white cat ending - YouTube

Champagne is what immediately came to mind when sister said no to white.

Today she decided to get married in winter at some lodge in Manitou Springs, Colorado.

I encouraged her to wear whatever color she truly wants and she's opting for the ivory dress we saw.

*I* will wear champagne. :D

Doesn't champagne stand out more against white, white, very white snow ?

What a smart move.

I may have done the same were a house in the picture.

As it was, I made my wedding small so as to blow the rest on an incredible travel honeymoon.

I don't regret it, but the second time around I'd probably use everything on the wedding.

Do ppl in the US rent houses of 6-7 rooms with other utilities [on a lake with boat, pool, party room, bar, fireplace, sauna] for marriages for like a week-end ?

• Like 1