Bridal Shower/Baby Shower Combo

snug.bunny

I am in the midst of throwing a Bridal Shower, but just found out she's preggos, so now I will be throwing a Bridal Shower/Baby Shower. It has to be done together because of a timing issue.

With that said, I am stumped how to combine the two. Eek! (IE. theme, decorations, etc.)

The colors of the wedding are a chocolate brown/rusty orange color, but I'm not sure yet if she is having a boy or a girl.

I already had the favors picked out for the bridal shower:

http://www.pricewiseevents.com/media/catalog/product/cache/2/thumbnail/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/9/2/9242_1.jpg

So, was thinking to add some kind of "baby decor/baby favor" to the pie packaging but I am stumped for ideas.

I welcome any/all suggestions. :)

ETA: I chose the mini pies, which will be mini apple pies, because apple pie is her favorite + she is getting married in the fall so I thought the apples would be a nice touch.

Edited by snug.bunny
TaraMaiden

I would do the two separately.

How close to the wedding will the baby be born?

If it's what, for argument's sake, i would call 'a decent time', wait until the wedding's done with, the honeymoon is over - then give her another party!

It will also give people time to think of what to buy, afford it, and be gender specific, if the baby's sex will be known by then....

• Author
snug.bunny
I would do the two separately.

How close to the wedding will the baby be born?

If it's what, for argument's sake, i would call 'a decent time', wait until the wedding's done with, the honeymoon is over - then give her another party!

It will also give people time to think of what to buy, afford it, and be gender specific, if the baby's sex will be known by then....

She's getting married mid-November, and the baby is due towards the end of December. They are already legally married, but they decided to have the wedding reception seperately.

I like the idea of having the baby shower after the wedding, my concern though is that the mother-to-be is going to need baby items in preparation of the baby coming beforehand, versus after. I'm not sure if we'd have enough time to do the baby shower immediately following the wedding, it would mean we'd have to have it early December. I don't think they have their honeymoon planned yet, and since a baby is now coming, not sure when they'd be able to do it.

If we had to do it later, it would have to be towards the beginning of next year. The bridesmaids will then need to pay for two seperate venues (the guest list is around 50, so it's rather large to have it at someone's home). Though having it later on would give us more time to save money for it and the guests wouldn't have to buy two seperate gifts back-to-back.

I'll have to see what the rest of the Bridal Shower, and family, thoughts are on that. Maybe I can convince her Aunt to handle the baby shower....

Thanks!

• Author
snug.bunny

I know there weren't many replies to this thread but I thought I'd update it anyway. :bunny::)

Good news - the baby shower is being thrown by the mom-to-be's Aunt, and the showers will be done separately, weeee!! :bunny:

We've finally found the place to have the Bridal Shower after visiting several places. Not bad considering there are 5 Bridesmaids all with different styles, but we were all in agreement with this place, thank goodness!! A few minor details to work out, but the venue is picked out, the invitations are ready to go, the shower favors are picked out, the Bacherlorette Party is booked and ready to go. Sadly, the Bacherlorette Party will have to be tame, since the Bride is preggos, boo! :laugh:

One less thing off my plate, at least for a couple of months. Phew!

TaraMaiden

(Now, all you need is for her to turn up....!) :D

• 5 weeks later...
Johny Marsh

Its a double happiness time for your friend and if you want to give her bridal and baby shower then i recommend you to give bridal shower now and baby shower later as you can handle it better if given separately.

pooh baby shower