Is he THE ONE?

Ok, so here's my story (please bear with me, it's my first time)

You see, I'm 26 and have been with the same guy for about 61/2 years. We've had a house for the past 3 years, and we've live together for the past 5. All in all, we get along really well, we hardly ever fight, we have some common interests etc... He truly is a really nice guy. However, I simply cannot imagine that I will live the rest of my life at this pace. My boyfriend is really intro-verted and does not feel much need to go out an do things. He's a home-body who would much rather have people come into his world, than he expose himself to others. He's a worrier, who's very skeptical of others and the world around him. He fears loosing his job, financial problems, renovations etc... He's not the least bit romantic, and franckly, sometimes I feel that we act more like best buddies than lovers.

Whereas myself, I'm very dynamic and outgoing....and quite honestly the total opposite.

I use to think that we were a perfect match, and balanced out together (you know..the opposites attract theory). I became a bit more low-key, and he was forced to get out and have some confidence!

Recently, I've reached a point in my life where I came to realize that I truly would love to get married and have children in the relative near future, and I'm scared out of my witts at the thought of having him as my partner. I fear that if he thinks life's complicated now...he has another thing coming to him if we have children. I only wish that for once I would hear the words:"Don't worry, everthing will be OK" from his mouth instead of mine.

Communicating with him is very difficult, and never results to anything. I've tried to discuss this with him, but he always says that I exagerate.

I know that he would live up to his "fatherhood" duties, that's certainly not an issue. But how can I make the biggest decision of my life if I don't feel that my partner will be able to cope with it all?

Thanks for your help!

Well, Frenchie. you may not be able to make a decision here but in just the 90 seconds it took me to read your post I became totally convinced you are with the wrong guy.

You need not waste another minute with this dude. The two of you are completely incompatible. I'm sure he's the perfect match for somebody but he will make your life boring, empty and sad.

My question is why have you stayed with him so long? Are you afraid you might not be able to find somebody else? You should be terrified about the life you would have if you remained with this guy...because he's NOT going to change.

Why don't you go out and find him a nice, boring gal and scooty poot away...maybe you won't feel so guilty that way.

Time to move on....no, it was time to move on a long time ago.