Valentine's Day Didn't Just Bring a Bracelet

Trialbyfire

I've been contemplating this, these past 5 days, trying to decide if this is the right move or not. Been down this road before and have been wondering if I want to go down it again so soon. Crazy times.

But...

Life's too short to second guess everything. We fit together like a glove. Next summer anyone? :love::o

Listen I know that we've been at odds for awhile, TBF. But I must say I'm extremely excited for you!

As someone who also contemplated going down that road so soon after separation/divorce, you know I don't regret it for one second. When it's right it's just right.

(Have you had your first fight yet?;) )

Is that the ring? If so, it's stunning.

So happy for you. It appears you've found the right guy for you.

awwww ... what a sweet, lovely ring! Congratulations, girl :love:

the litmus test: If you can see yourself doing all those mundane things, and it doesn't scare you off, he's definitely the one.

summer would be lovely. Hey! You could be a June bride!

• Author

Thanks Touche and yes, we've had our first fight. He's good at de-escalation and negotiation. Seems to understand that an olive branch isn't a throat-hold.

Yes, it's the ring. Totally his choice. It's not what I would have picked out since it's a bit much but I love it because of what it represents. :love:

Edit - yes, summer 2010.

• Author

Thanks quankanne. He loves my cooking and I enjoy making it for him. :)

Yes, donnamaybe, it's going to be a longer engagement. Summer of 2010. Thanks.

That's excellent. That's so important about being able to handle conflict.

The ring doesn't look like it's a bit much at all. It looks very simple and elegant. A classic design, I'd say. It's beautiful.

Summer of 2010 sounds perfect. A longer engagement than we had!;)

Congrats!:)

TbF, I really think you should be wearing something you are completely happy with. Tell him you'd like to choose something yourself.

Send that one to me, I'll have it.

(had you going for a minute there, dinn' I.....? :p )

You have no idea what a great feeling I have for you right now.

If he's sure, and you're sure, go for it and enjoy.

This is wonderful.

FWIW, I feel exactly the same about my partner, and felt this sure almost immediately.

You guys hung it together so well, and so quickly - heck, it's hard to not believe in fate, huh??

Many, many congratulations to you both.

Much happiness always.

IfWishesWereHorses

WOOHOO!!!! I can't remember the last time I heard good news! That's so exciting TBF! The ring is beautiful! Gee, whoda thunk that a little bit of bad luck would have turned into something so great! That has got to be fate! I'm truly happy for you both! K-

• Author

:laugh: Geish! Thanks.

Thanks IWWH.

I've felt like a cat on a hot tin roof for the past five days. It's been nuts, trying to decide if this is the right thing or not. I think it is. He's something else, my snowman. I can't begin to list all his wonderful qualities and I'd be a fool to not go forward with him.

What was adorable was that he asked my father and my mother for my hand, without my knowledge. He did it on his own, without ever meeting them before, just made arrangements to visit them since Dad's still not completely better. :love:

• Author

Thanks Citizen Erased!

Touche, I've met his parents but that's about it. The rest of the thundering hoard is to come in the next month or two. We're waiting for Dad to get to full strength, then have a big family meet and greet.

• Author

Sorry Touche, didn't answer the following question. They loved him, especially considering his courtesy. Mom thinks he's really cute and Dad thinks he's...a good sort. :)

Our dads have been chatting over the phone, pleased with themselves, patting each other on the back! :laugh:

What do your parents think of him?

That's so great! And by the way, I'm happy your Dad is doing well. I missed all of that. Looks like everything is working out for you.

What can I say? This goes along with my little theory. You've paid your dues. You deserve this.

Your dad reminds me so much of my stepdad. If he's saying he's a "good sort" it must mean he thinks he's great, right?:p

And I really do think it's important if the families are compatible too so that's an excellent sign.:)

Also, I want to say that I'm very proud of you for letting down your walls. I know how hard that must have been for you after everything you've been through. You've surprised me with this.

I know so many on here can learn from this.

Oh, edited to add: What did you think of his parents?

• Author

Yes, no one is ever good enough for Dad, so yes, it does mean he really likes him. I know he also respects him too, which is saying A LOT!

Thanks. It wasn't difficult with my snowman. He was always straight up with me and wide open about his thoughts and feelings. No games, no b/s.

I really like his parents. They're both sweethearts. His Mom and I have been chatting on the phone, swapping recipes, etc. She's a foodie too!

Yes, no one is ever good enough for Dad, so yes, it does mean he really likes him. I know he also respects him too, which is saying A LOT!

Thanks. It wasn't difficult with my snowman. He was always straight up with me and wide open about his thoughts and feelings. No games, no b/s.

I really like his parents. They're both sweethearts. His Mom and I have been chatting on the phone, swapping recipes, etc. She's a foodie too!

Are you listening ladies? Read the above (in bold) over and over again.

Awww, that's sweet about you and his mom.

You better post any good Greek recipes!:laugh:

• Author

:) She's gone to cooking classes in both Italy and France, so her love isn't Greek food.

She totally kicks my arse on cooking knowledge. She's my new sensei and I'm her grasshopper! :laugh:

Italy and France? Wow. Just as good.

Does your guy cook too?

Also, I think I can speak for most of us when I say we want proposal details.:laugh: Were you shocked when he asked? What was your reaction?

I know I was completely shocked. I never expected it in a million years and my first words were "Are you crazy?":laugh:

And then I said "Ask me tomorrow!":eek:

So how did that go for you two?

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

It is a beautiful ring and he sounds like a wonderful man. :D

I am so very happy for you!

• Author

He does cook but it's very simple and healthy fare. Quite a bit of grilling, you know, guys and their love of flame and propane!

Haha...proposal details...okay.

We had dinner at my fave seafood restaurant, tucked away by the window, with candlelight. I gave him his present and he gave me mine, which was the gorgeous bracelet. I was floored by it, sitting stunned and now I'm wondering if my mouth was open. Attractive picture, right? :laugh:

So, he told me to put the bracelet on so he could see how it looked. Then he told me to give him my hand, so he could get a closer look at it, so I shifted over a bit and did so. He slid off his seat still holding my hand, got down on one knee and asked if I would spend my life with him. The look in his eyes brought tears to my eyes. I said yes and he slipped the ring onto my finger and was a perfect fit.

He doesn't miss a detail, getting my ring size from my Mom. Even the bracelet was from a store I like, which he noticed from previous jewelry I wore.

How can I not be amazed by someone like this? :love: