new engagemnet....and we are the only ones happy

:( help!!! I need advice on what to say to my friends, the love of my life has asked me to marry him. I am so happy, and yet all my joy is slightly tainted by the fact that all my friends don't think he is good enought for me. I am a cute, sensitive, needs to be taken care of type, and all my friends "mother" over me... My feance' is the big tough guy, who seems a bit self centered (and he can be... but aren't we all? at least sometimes) but he has a soft sensitive side...and he loves to take care of me. I am very happy. I just want my friends to be happy for me too! Can somone offer advice on how to let them know how I feel without too much confrontation? :confused:

if they're not satisfied when you say you're very happy to be marrying him, what kinda friend are those?? they could be jealous of your happiness for all you know.

listen to them, but be careful. girls are often jealous of others' success. guys are better advisors, although they may be interested in you and then they're no good for advice.

best of luck

-yes

Friends know us well, and sometimes they can see what we cannot...How long have you and this guy been dating? If it is not long, then they may indeed just have your best interests at heart...Talk to them, find out what the matter is....They also may be worried about losing you as they know you, that this guy is going to change everything, and that is just the normal procedure after a couple marry, there is less time for the friends...

The important thing is that you are happy, no one else really matters...Congratulations and hopefully the friends will come around and be happy for you as well... :)