re-marriage

Why would you want to try to remarry if the first marriage turned out to be such a nightmare. My girlfriend and parents think I should stay single instead of remarrying. I am currently engaged to a wonderful man. They feel like why should I remarry when I am happy w/ things as they are now. I don't have all the responsbilities of things that go w/ marriage. How do people feel about this? My first marriage was awful! I love my fiance and want to try again. I really want kids w/ him. We had a fight last night and all I could think of was my girlfriends comment. Help!!

It doesn't matter at all what we think. You have to live your own life. We aren't going to be there to take resonsibility if your marriage goes south. We aren't going to partake of the great aspects if it succeeds. You and you alone will feel the joy and/or the pain.

And who is living your life, anyway??? You already have your parents and friends telling you what you ought to do...and then you come to an Internet message board for a bunch of total strangers to have input in your life? Come on, now!

From a rational standpoint, it's not realistic to judge what your next marriage might be like compared to your last. I would hope you are wiser for your previous experience.

So you're going to have to decide if being with your guy will make you MORE happy than you are now. And don't forget, as you grow older life gets lonelier as friends, both married and single, go in different directions. It's really nice to have a special somebody...especially if they stick around.

Ideally, it would be nice to receive a guarantee that your next marriage will be great or that you will be just fine and happy single. It could work either way.

This is a decision ONLY you can make...not your parents, not your girlfriend, and certainly not me. The only advice I feel comfortable giving you is go with your heart and don't pay attention to others who won't face the consequences of your decisions.

I agree with Tony. Its up to you and you have to follow your own heart. One bad marriage does not mean every marriage is bad ... and one good marriage does not mean every marriage is good.

Take responsibility for your own life, make your own decisions. Best luck, whatever you decide.

If you want children and you love this man-----and HE IS GOOD TO YOU, REALLY GOOD TO YOU, go for it. Listen to your common sense, your heart, and your morality. It's all your decision. One bad marriage doesn't mean all marriages are bad. I understand where your friends are coming from, I get the same thing----why get married when you have it so good right now? I don't do it because I choose not to, not because of what my friends say or don't say. They give me loving advice---but I select what I do for myself and thank them for the gift of their wisdom. I love them for it and they love me for my sincere friendship. Do what you know is right for you!

I agree with Tony. Its up to you and you have to follow your own heart. One bad marriage does not mean every marriage is bad ... and one good marriage does not mean every marriage is good. Take responsibility for your own life, make your own decisions. Best luck, whatever you decide.