Engaged!

I got engaged on Valentine's Day and it was incredible! I could not have asked for anything more. The ring is the one I wanted and he did a great job on the proposal.

I am being asked if we have set a date yet, and of course my answer is 'not yet'. So this is where I am in a bind. I graduate from college in May of 2009. I am not sure if we should wait until then or get married during my christmas break. like jan. 3rd. I have heard that planning a wedding can be stressful, but I don't want too big of a wedding and I think I may be able to plan a wedding while in school. Is planning a wedding while in school normal or occassional?

Maybe I have no clue as to what I am getting into. I want to get married but I also don't want to deal with the stress of wedding planning. I want to start my life with my new fiance already!

Opinions are welcome, please help!

Congratulations! There is a lesson here - a little bit of anal sex will reap extreme rewards.

My advice is not to wait, because long engagements spell danger.

princesssockhead

Hi there! Congratulations on your Valentine's day engagement! He sounds like he did a great job - getting the right ring and everything. :)

I am also a student - although going part-time but also working at a full-time job during the day. When my fiance proposed to me on New Years, I was equally astounded and overjoyed. I happily accepted and now I'm thinking it's going to be a crazy 4 or 5 months ahead....I'm thinking busy, busy, busy and very little sleep. But it's completely worth it!!

We have decided to not have a long drawn out engagement that lasts until the summer of 2009. It just seems way too far away. So we are shooting for a July 2008 wedding wherein I will be on summer break from school and I will have a good amount of vacation time I can use at work. That is REALLY quite soon - at least in wedding planning terms but I think it is do-able with my creativity and help from our families.

The thing I've found is the less traditional you go with the wedding the better when you are on a shorter timetable (less than a year) and it actually can work in your favor with venues, vendors, etc.

I say shoot for either a summer 2008 wedding or January 2009. A long engagement only seems like it would add up in dollar amounts because it gives far more time to plan every single little thing down to T and generally, just more complications could come up between now and then. Who knows what the economy will be like by then? Or if a major natural disaster happens? I mean anything could happen at anytime but I'm just saying...it's nice to see a light at the end of the tunnel - in a way it helps with the stress.

Hope this helps you out!! Enjoy it and know it's going to be beautiful no matter what because your love is beautiful.

• Author
Congratulations! There is a lesson here - a little bit of anal sex will reap extreme rewards.

My advice is not to wait, because long engagements spell danger.

:lmao: you made my day! I should probably write a book about that! Thanks for some of the advice.