Best Friend is getting married. Am i losing her?

My very best friend will be married in July. I'm in a committed relationship, but nowhere near being married. My other good friend is getting married in January, and I just feel like, because I'm "single", my married friends are going to lose interest in me since we're no longer on the same page. Don't get me wrong, I'm very bery happy for my friends, but I just dont want to lose them. Since you all are getting married, what do you feel about your single girlfriends? And as a bit of advice, know your best friend (if she/he is single) is feeling a great deal of loss knowing you are getting hitched. Be compasionate to them, okay.

Actually, since you're part of a couple right now, things may not change significantly - everyone is still "happy and in love" :)

But do forget spending hours on the phone, or all of Saturday at the mall (if those types of things are part of your current routine.) And if you're doing a lot of girls' nights that'll probably change a bit.

The changes in priorities really only become more noticeable as lifestyles become more divergent - becoming a home owner, having a baby, etc.

I was also the last 'single' person in our group. Looking back, I really didn't have the personal experience to support where they were (much as I wish I had.)

Like. For my wedding, my best friend gave me this tasty "lingerie treat" for my honeymoon. Well, I just didn't know enough about how terrific that would have made her feel, if I had done that for her.

And home ownership -- like getting a you a garden hose because they already *know* how you can't see spending 20 bucks on something like that...but at the same time you could easily pay $80 on a pound of chocolate.

You're right that it is a loss -- and of course, they're losing that part of their relationship with you, too -- so do also be gentle and compassionate with yourself at this time.

Wishing you the best for the Holidays.

You will definitely lose part of her. Most likely 80% of her. She will start coming around in 6 months. Just be supportive and happy for her. You are only newlyweds once. It is a great time. Don't be jealous. Just take the time you can get with her and have fun with it.

My best friend got married in July. I am in a committmed relationship, but like you we aren't thinking about getting married for awhile. It doesn't take away from what I have with my best friend though. Actually my bf and I go on lots of double dates with her and her husband. We like to spend a lot of tiem with them. Maybe you could go on double dates with your freinds?

As for the "lone single" thing, I know it's hard when all your friends are getting engaged and married, mine are too. But you have to be happy for them, and still realize that they havn't died they are just married now. And be sure to have some girl time too, even married girls need that (according to my best friend)!