Fiances' friend broke up with her bf...now...

overanalytical

overanalytical

this girl my fiance met at a work conference and spent a week together learning about the company they work for. i talked to him daily and he told me about her, i felt it was good he found somone to hang out with while he was there and trusted him. he was out west, alone so was she, so they became friends. he will talk to her once or twice in a 3 month span just to catch up (they both got laid off recently) and that's fine. i trust him and she's miles nad miles away.

well i knew she liked him because i saw some texts and i could tell she was a flirty girl but i knew my man wouldn't cross the line...well i found out her bf of 4 years broke up with her this week...guess what?? she's texting again...wtf!! he laughs about it and i know he would never do anything but if she keeps on it's going to cause some problems.

what do i do? i tried to put myself in that situation and i dont' know what i would do then either!! lol i'm at a loss...any suggestions, ideas, tips, thoughts, i don't want to overreact like i always do but it's getting on my nerves!! i also dont' want him to hide it from me thinking he's 'protecting' me so that's why i'm not getting overly jealous/anxious quite yet...do i make sense?? lol

Be cool about it and show him that it doesn't bother you because you trust him. Like you said, if he thinks he can't talk to you about it for fear of you getting upset, he will start hiding it and you won't really know what's going on.

Keep a watchful eye, though. Many a man has fallen into the grasp of another woman simply because he felt flattered by the attention she provided.

There's a fine line between trusting and being naive. ;)

• Author
overanalytical

i hear ya elyssa, i don't want to be untrusting but i also dont' want to let another woman walk in and stroke his ego enough and lose something...but at the same time making that comment, i trust him completely. hopefully someone will understand what i'm saying and not bash me! : )

if she texts/calls more frequently then i'll have issues...right now it's a friend level but i always have my eyes open. this is probably why i have very few femal friends

A true 'friend' wouldn't send flirty texts to a guy they know is engaged. I think your boyfriend knows this as well, but he's enjoying the attention he's getting from her. If he's uncomfortable with her coming on to him, he could just ignore her or lose contact with her (as they're no longer coworkers anyway).

Your boyfriend is responsible for how he deals with this girl, but keep your eyes open.