I Am Engaged!

Not sure if this is the appropriate forum, but here goes!

After dragging WB around both Tiffany & Co and the New York City diamond district, I realised that I was dropping too many obvious hints, and promptly decided to backtrack, so started slagging off Tiffany rings etc saying that they were overpriced and pretentious, and I wouldn't really want one anyway.

Ironic really, seeing as he had been carrying one of these

http://uk.tiffany.com/Engagement/Item.aspx?sku=18715716

around with him since we left London, waiting for the right moment to ask me.

Of course, I immediately took my foot out of my mouth, accepted, cried and felt like a right twit.

YAY!!! Still haven't gotten off cloud nine.....

PS NYC was amazing. I love the US, people are so friendly and the FOOD was fantastic.

• Author
Best of luck to you! Don't stop posting in the dating forums though :mad: . We need advice like yours.

I won't! Thanks for all the congrats guys, and yes, I know I am a lucky girl. I just HAD to go back to Tiffany & Co to try the matching wedding band while we were still in NYC because I wanted to show off!

I will still need advice too no doubt. Getting married is just the beginning!

The other funny piece of news is that after huffing and blowing for years that a wedding is a wast of money and he won't pay for one, my Dad is being a big softie and said I can have whatever I want! :love:

Although to avoid stress and large wedding bills (we would rather have a down payment on a house TBH), we will most likely have a little one when we move back to NZ next year.

I can't wait to see more of the US too, I really can't get over how much I loved it there. People say that New Yorkers are rude, so if thats rude I would love to see how friendly the rest of the country is. Maybe its because its so different from London where everyone is so rude and its so soooooo expensive.

You guys really know how to do breakfast.....I am sure I came back a few pounds heavier, despite walking all over Manhattan for five days straight.

melodymatters

How exciting and wonderful and romantic !!! It couldn't of happened to a better dentist !

Glad you liked the US, if you think NY'ers are friendly wait until you visit the south ! I had a guy tip his cowboy hat to me because he was going to pass my car with his !

• Author

He did in our hotel room, because he wanted to do it before I turned 30, and not in a public place (we were about to go to the Rangers hockey game). He thought it was too cheesy to do it in central Park or up the top of a skyscraper.

He just pulled the ring out of his pocket, and as soon as I saw that little blue box I knew, and started crying (and apologising for slagging off Tiffany rings!)

Still can't quite believe it, but in another sense it feels like the most natural thing in the world.

LK- did you and SPidey get married? yay!

He did in our hotel room, because he wanted to do it before I turned 30, and not in a public place (we were about to go to the Rangers hockey game). He thought it was too cheesy to do it in central Park or up the top of a skyscraper.

He just pulled the ring out of his pocket, and as soon as I saw that little blue box I knew, and started crying (and apologising for slagging off Tiffany rings!)

Still can't quite believe it, but in another sense it feels like the most natural thing in the world.

LK- did you and SPidey get married? yay!

congrats. How weird my BF propsed to me in our hotel room Three weeks ago.

Your ring is beautiful. I bet your on cloud nine!