Any Ideas?!

Rodsoxfan82

I'm really not sure where to put this post, but anyways, my boyfriend and I have been talking about what we want for Christmas. Honestly, I would love an engagment ring, but don't think it would be right to ask. Is there maybe some way I can hint around thats what I would like, or just forget about it? I really love him and he makes me feel whole. I've never had this feeling with anyone else I have ever been with, and I truly think he is the one...anyone got any ideas or comments? :love::o

I also posted this down in the water cooler place...but noticed not that many people read it so I thought I would repost it and see if it got read more..

How long have you two been together? Has he ever talked about wanting to get married in general? Has he ever talked about your future together?

If he has talked about a future with you, has he talked about 'someday'? Or have you discussed where you would want to live, what kind of home you would buy and how long it would take to save up, what kind of lifestyle you would have, your views on children, how you would handle working and children, your views on how to handle money, etc.?

All of that is important, because if you've never discussed it then it's not likely that you'll be getting a ring for Christmas, and it means he's not as ready as you are.

If you have discussed all of that, then you might want to ask him at some point if he's given any thought to WHEN he'd like to get married and engaged. And then you can tell him what you are thinking about a timeframe for engagement and marriage. Maybe he'll give it some thought and come up with the idea of proposing at Christmas on his own.

I have a friend that asked her boyfriend if he was going to marry her, he said yes. The next day she went and picked out a ring put it on hold and told him when you are ready, it’s there waiting—not too romantic…….My H asked me to marry him a couple of days before valentines day, we had a corporate party to go to, when we got back to his apartment he had 26 roses on the table (one for each month we were together) and 376 paper hearts hanging all over (one for each day we were together) each heart had something different that he loved about me written on it….(I’m crying now) anyways, what I am trying to say is we do not give men enough credit for things like this, let him come up with his own way of asking you, you will be pleasantly surprised….give him a chance!

lost4ever....i dont mean to sound rude, but you said 26 roses , one for each month and 376 paper hearts, one for each day. That math doesnt add up.......

My fiance proposed to me completely out of the blue. Was not expecting it at all and it was not near ANY holiday!

My mother actually proposed to my stepfather. I dont know how she had THAT courage because I couldnt have done it, but more power to her!

You can drop hints to him, but be careful not to drop TOO many because that might make him feel like he's being pressured. No guy likes that!

lost4ever....i dont mean to sound rude, but you said 26 roses , one for each month and 376 paper hearts, one for each day. That math doesnt add up.......

quote]

sorry meant 736, little dyslexic

ok, i was just checking. I sat there for a second and thought....somethings wrong...26 months is way more than 376 days!!! How long have you been married? Im getting married in 6 months. The time is flying by!!:love:

oh lost4ever, how long did it take him to make 700 something paper hearts! Holy Cow, I cant even get my fiance to write me a little note......

I don't know how long it took him, but they were all over his apartment! he is pretty good at writing notes and such, been married for 6 years and he still writes me a note each morning...however, getting him to fix something around the house is another story:) They all have what they are good at

I don't know how long it took him, but they were all over his apartment! he is pretty good at writing notes and such, been married for 6 years and he still writes me a note each morning...however, getting him to fix something around the house is another story:) They all have what they are good at

Oh my mans got that covered! He just finished renovationg our guest bathroom, retiled the kitchen floor and wants to rip the carpet out of the living room and put hardwood in. He has a finance degree and works behind a desk but has skills better than any plumber/carpenter/decorator Ive ever seen!

He's just not so good at the cute little things...but i dont mind so much. He doesnt have to write me love notes to let me know he loves me.(although from time to time it would be nice!) Oh, and he picked out a fantastic engagement ring! I was amazed at how well he did. I would have loved it even if it were out of a cracker jack box though.