What age is too young to get married?

gettingmarried2soon

gettingmarried2soon

:confused:I'm 17 and will marry my first boyfriend after I graduate highschool next year. Everyone is against us including our parents. WE know we are ready and in love to spend the rest of our lives together. Everyone thinks we're too young. How do we convince them they're wrong and that we're doing the right thing?

DazedandConfused66

General rule of thumb....

When you no longer need to seek approval/permission to get married, then you are old enough to do so.

But please recognize that there are people twice your age who still seek APPROVAL to marry someone else. If approval from other people matter to you in your choice of a life partner, then you aren't ready.

Married at 18? Depends on many things darlin. Financial situation (sorry to say but love can't buy food and other essentials), goals of you and your significant other, family..

I say family because in my personal opinion, it's important for the families to get along. If they don't, it can cause a lot of inner stress on the wifey 'n hubby.

May I ask why you want to get married so fast? I believe you 2 both love each other tremendously, but why the rush?

I got married at 21, my X was 19. She decided months ago that didnt think she had enough time on her own when she was younger. So after 16 yrs of marriage, she decided to go on her own.

Someday you will be dealing with grass is greener issue's, too.

:confused:I'm 17 and will marry my first boyfriend after I graduate highschool next year.

Getting engaged young myself, I can understand where youre coming from in wanting to express your love in the sense of marriage. I know how frustrating it is when no one believse in your love either. We are all critical now.

But, really, don't get caught up in the idea of a wedding. If the love is true, the rush isn't needed. Honestly, I would wait until your at least out of high school for a year. The "real world" is much different from high school. The both of you need a taste before deciding to spend it with each other.

(and by a taste, i dont mean go out and date other people. I always hated when people told me that)

an additional comment I failed to add before;

in your display name, gettingmarried2soon sounds like you know yourself that this is too soon for you.

my advice to you, is to talk to someone like a counselor or a therapist. Someone who doesnt know you, or your fiance, who will listen to your thoughts, questions, concerns, etc. It will reallu help for you to decide for yourself.