Questions you wish you asked before getting married?

lecoquin

What important questions should you ask someone you'd want to get marry and spend the rest of your life with?

Please share your wisdom and save me from making mistakes! :)

Everybody has their own set of facts they desire to know. Unfortunately, no matter what the questions most people will come back with an answer they think you want to hear...in most phases prior to marriage.

The questions I would REALLY like to know would be impossible for them to answer...like how soon will you change from the way you are now? How much weight are you going to gain in the next ten years? When will you start bitching at me instead of being so sweet? How long will it be before you will insist we eat out five nights a week because you'll only want to cook two? When will you start bitching at me because I don't make enough money? When will you go from wanting to have sex twice a day to wanting it twice a year? When will you tell me you want FOUR children instead of only ONE? When will you tell me you've got the best divorce attorney money can buy who knows 20 reasons why our prenuptual agreement is invalid?

You know, stuff like that........

A form of these questions applies to both men and women. There are some very wonderful people out there who will make great partners...but no questions in the world are going to be able to decifer for you which ones are the winners and which ones will ultimately make your life a nightmare.

A form of these questions applies to both men and women. There are some very wonderful people out there who will make great partners...but no questions in the world are going to be able to decifer for you which ones are the winners and which ones will ultimately make your life a nightmare.

Forget to eat your wheaties today Tony? Pretty negative about life, eh?

I think hypothetical questions work best. Ones that dont' make a partner point out negatives, or flaws in either of you, but can be used in a "safer" environment of the hypothetical..

Also, comments your partner makes regarding others who are married. Both positive and negative give answers to some unasked questions.

Their parents relationship might give clues as to their mentality toward marriage.

Past and present actions also hold keys as to future behavior...

How much weight are you going to gain in the next ten years?

Tony those questions are right on. Don't forget who will get the house how much alimony can one afford.

which one of us will pay the bills?

how will we put our money together?

can we continue to have a date nite after we get married?

who has what duties and chores around the house?

did you like the roast i made the other nite or not, cause if not im not cooking it again?

will you ask me before you make big purchases that will affect me too?

ThePennyDrops

Make sure you get the bigges out there:

How many kids you want?

What (if any) faith you want to raise them as (you have NO idea how much of a dealbreaker this can be)?

What do you expect from this marriage in terms of emotional and monetary support?

Do you want to carry on working once we have kids?

Will your mother hate me forever?:laugh: