WHy don't women get it?

The only reason that men are friends with women is because they want to sleep with them. It's a fact. That is not to say I am not cordial and friendly with women I don't want to sleep with, but I don't call them or invite them to do what I am doing EVER. If they happen to show up it's cool, but I put no effort into the relationship whatsoever.

So now, there is this woman I wanted, and we had a lot of sexual tension and even made out a couple times, but she didn't want me. I tried to be platonic and wait for her to come to her senses (it's happened to me before), but I kept getting "pre-rejected". So I cut her off.

She still calls me all the time. I didn't talk to her for about four months, but finally I answered the phone, and BAM! it's like the timme apart never happened. I don't answer when she calls too often, nor do I return her calls regularly. I don't have anything against her, but it seems to me that she wants a boyfriend that she doesn't have to have sex with--and that isn't what I want. Of course, she wants to sleep with other men, but have me be the guy who gets all the emotional crap. It isn't worth it.

Women seem to understand that when a man calls just for sex and is unavailable he is using her, but they don't get that it is the same for men on the emotional side? Having a woman tell you all her problems and want to hang out all the time yet not put out is just as lame.

There are women I know who I could sleep with right now if I wanted, but I know that they want a relationship and I don't with them, so I keep my distance. Why don't women do the same thing with friendships with men? If you get the vibe that a guy wants you, don't put energy into being his friend if you do't want him. It sucks and it's mean and it wastes the time of both of you.

There. I feel better.

The only reason that men are friends with women is because they want to sleep with them. It's a fact.

Very young, aren't you?

There is no such thing as "It's a fact" when it comes to people, emotions and life.

• Author

Actually, I am 41. And it is a fact. Unless the guy is gay. Every man I know is the same way, whether older than I or younger.

Sure, around women they pretend to care and be all sensitive, but as soon as it's just men you hear the truth. I have done that myself--a fact I am not too proud of, but it happened.

Actually, I am 41. And it is a fact. Unless the guy is gay. Every man I know is the same way, whether older than I or younger.

Sure, around women they pretend to care and be all sensitive, but as soon as it's just men you hear the truth. I have done that myself--a fact I am not too proud of, but it happened.

Okay well how do I explain this.... just because "every man you know is the same way" that still doesn't make it a fact. In fact let's see, how many men do you know? 20? 31? Name a number and I can match it with as many testimonies to the reverse. Say my number was double and I could introduce 100 guys to you that just don't feel that way. Would that validate what they say more? Would it make their stance a fact?

Nope it still wouldn't, I'm sure you realize that. It's just that yes, I agree, some men feel the way you're describing it here but you will have to agree some don't. So just don't be too sure of that generalisation ;)

How long were her emotional support before you made you move?

Women like a man's perspective on issues so they will be friends even though they don't want sex with you. They probably know you like them but until you make that move she will get what she wants and deal with your advances when/if it happens. This is why if you have a sexual attraction find out where you stand with her before you go the friends route.

• Author
Okay well how do I explain this.... just because "every man you know is the same way" that still doesn't make it a fact. In fact let's see, how many men do you know? 20? 31? Name a number and I can match it with as many testimonies to the reverse. Say my number was double and I could introduce 100 guys to you that just don't feel that way. Would that validate what they say more? Would it make their stance a fact?

I have never met one. Even men I don't know well are this way. You may have heard different testimonials, but are you sure that they are being honest with you? If you have a brother, ask him.

Of course, I am sure that there are some men out there who really do want and can have deep friendships with women they are not attracted to. I have never met one. I have never even heard of one. That doesn't mean he isn't out there, of course. How many women are meeting up with these men? Few, if any.

Nope it still wouldn't, I'm sure you realize that. It's just that yes, I agree, some men feel the way you're describing it here but you will have to agree some don't. So just don't be too sure of that generalisation ;)

I do agree that there must be, but as I said I have never seen one.

Let me clarify, too, that by friendship I mean a more than casual one. There are women that are in my social circle that I would say are my friends, but it is definitely casual and I don't seek them out, and rarely does it end up that I am alone with them. When we are alone I am usually giving them a ride home or something like that.

• Author
How long were her emotional support before you made you move?

We made out the third time we hung out together.

Women like a man's perspective on issues so they will be friends even though they don't want sex with you. They probably know you like them but until you make that move she will get what she wants and deal with your advances when/if it happens. This is why if you have a sexual attraction find out where you stand with her before you go the friends route.

Exactly. My question is, why don't they seek that male perspective in the man they are dating? Why have a man who is "just a friend" who you share everything with but sex? When a man has a woman he can call and just get sex from her he is getting what he wants, and she probably isn't. I do not agree with this behavior, as it is using someone and, frankly, kind of filthy.

But when a woman does the same thing to a man, albeit emotionally, why isn't that seen the same way? Being emotionally used is just as bad.

Why do that in the first place?

Why don't women do the same thing with friendships with men?

1. It gives them an ego boost

2. They like the attention

3. They subconciously do not want their male "friend" to hook up with any other female

4. Its easy to take advantage of the male friend

5. Boredom

6. An easy date for any event when she's single

blind_otter

This is why I'm not friends with men any more.

I used to have scads of male friends. In fact almost all of my friends were male, up until last year.

I realized that they were all hanging out with me hoping that at some point I would f*** them. It's the truth.

I don't attribute it to me being especially hot or strikingly gorgeous. I think that most men don't put as much thought into their sexuality as women do and for the most part they just want a warm, willing, friendly vagina on hand at all times.

Women are picky in their sexual encounters because they can. They are always getting hit on so they pick the ones that excite them sexually. If men were getting hit on like women they would be just as selective. Men are the pursuers and women do the picking.

I think men just need to stop using the friends route to get with women and then women have no emotional outlet. I think women friends are fine as long as you both understand that is what it is but many times the rules are not established and feelings get hurt. It is unfortunate that some people become attached after spending time with someone ( being friends ) and that is how friendships are lost. It is part of life and you just have to deal with it. Nothing is black and white where emotions and feelings are involved.

• Like 1
ronnieromance

You know, Moai, I'm gonna go ahead and disagree with you. Theree are women I think are hilarious and wonderful, but i'm not physiacally attracted to them in the slightest.

-R-

Theree are women I think are hilarious and wonderful, but i'm not physiacally attracted to them in the slightest.

oh yes, I know tons of ugly and fat women with superb personalities...

oh yes, I know tons of ugly and fat women with superb personalities...

your killing me

I do think men and women can be friends, even if the guy would like more. So I dont agree with your statement that women are using men. However, if the guy ONLY wants a relationship, and the girl doesnt, and the guy keeps his distance, then actively going after him to keep the friendship is kind of heartless. But this happens regardless of gender. It's the whole being friends after being dumped. To me, it's pointless. As a friend of mine quoted once "If you dont want all of me, you wont have any of me".

• Like 1
SmoochieFace
your killing me

Yeah, and all those luscious and hot *babes* are a bunch of halfwit airheads with pussies. Rah rah. :laugh:

I do think men and women can be friends, even if the guy would like more. So I dont agree with your statement that women are using men.

this is the typical female point of view on this subject.

You know if a woman really wants to be a real friend to a guy, she will go ahead and put out for him as a friend! :lmao: That is friendship! :lmao:

Art_Critic
You know if a woman really wants to be a real friend to a guy, she will go ahead and put out for him as a friend! :lmao: That is friendship! :lmao:
\

Well at least the occasional platonic BJ or handjob anyhow

Well at least the occasional platonic BJ or handjob anyhow

I prefer the platonic facial, A_c...:laugh:

Art_Critic
I love all of these threads with pure and utter crap. :rolleyes: What's with all of these sweeping generalizations today?

I'm sorry are you making a sweeping generalization ? :laugh:

I love all of these threads with pure and utter crap.

that's a generalization in-and-of-itself KC :lmao:

I have never met one. Even men I don't know well are this way. You may have heard different testimonials, but are you sure that they are being honest with you? If you have a brother, ask him.

Yeah I have a brother and no they were not telling me so, you see I'm in a field of work where I'm privy to very intimate insight into the male mind;) Hence unless you mean to tell me all the patients I've ever had who maintained an opposite view to yours were mainly just trying to get into my panties too, I know what I'm saying.

:)

• Author

It isn't like men ONLY want to sleep with women. It's just that they want friendships AND sex, i.e. a relationship. I personally would love to have both. But a man pursues a deep friendship with a woman in the hopes of having sex, it seems to me.

I also know wonderful women who I don't want to sleep with. But as I said, I don't call them to do things, I don't seek to spend "alone" time with them, or anything of that nature.