fear of rejection

Hello I stumbled on this site in search for help w/ my situation. I became friends w/ a guy in college and ended up having 'relations' with him a couple of times. This includes staying the night at his apartment and hanging out sometimes as well. The first night we had sex the next morning he was all amped and asked me if I wanted to meet his friends and told me I could leave my lip gloss there???

Anyway I declined and when I saw him around campus I always ignored him-- even though I secretly kept tabs on him. I was scared because I was confused as to what our relationship had become. The screwed up thing is we have great chemistry and click in all other areas. I had done some pretty messed up things to him in the past as well as he has done a 'little to me'! Okay skip to about 5 1/2 yrs. later (now) we just started back talking-- we have about 4hr. distance between us but he may be moving here and has lots of very close friends here. Talking to him now is like we have never stopped talking like there wasn't even 5+ years since we really were close. Deep in my heart I feel like he is my soulmate. Over the years I have compared other men to him and they don't measure up. There is just such a strong feeling between us. However, instead of being upfront I find myself playing the same games I played in college. I'm trying to get him to take the first step. I've told him about other guys to try & make him jealous! We talk practically everyday and I kinda see us headed back down that road again. I am not as much fearful of losing a friend but more fearful of being rejected. What should I do it's hard to say, but I think I am still in love w/ him.