Wow, sleeping with my best friend

Can't stop smiling

Can't stop smiling

I posted a few months ago regarding my relationship breakdown due to the fact, amoung other things, I was falling for my best friend.

A bit of history, I had known my friend for over 8 years. We have been really close all that time, however, we saw each other more as brother and sister. we both had boyfriends/girlfriends at various times, and were never single at the same time. Basically, over 3 years ago now, we both got drunk and admitted that we had feelings for each other. However, as I was with my boyfriend, I decided not to pursue it.

I could not get Mark off my mind. Even not seeing each other for more than 6 months, I still thought about him everyday. Finally, in July last year I decicided that enough was enough and broke up with my boyfriend. It was not a bad break up, but I decided that I did not want to immediately rush into a relationship with Mark. He agreed we would probably destroy things by rushing into something when I still had so many feelings/emotions regarding my ex.

Last night we had our 'first' date. It was strange in a way, because we have shared over 100 meals together, seen a thousand movies and been together on numerous occassions. I have sleept in his bed countless times (only sleeping!!)

But this time was different. From the moment we met outside the resturants, things were different. The way he carefully put his arm around me, the stupid smile that I could not wipe off my face all evening. He looked at me, and I could see in his eyes what I felt in mine.

We had dinner and then we walked along the river back to his house. It was a chilly night, but we walked and talked and laughed.

When we arrived back to his house, we started to kiss. One thing lead to another and we had the most beautiful sex ever.

The best thing, I know him so well, he knows me so well. There was no awkwardness. I have never felt so close before.

I don't know why I am writting this. I just need to tell someone what a fantastic day it is. I feel like I am jumping from cloud to cloud!!

I think you have lived the dream of just about everyone who posts on this board. Maybe it will give some people, myself included, some hope for the future. Because I was once a hopeless romantic, but now I'm just hopeless.

It must be a blessing to share something so special with someone you feel so fond of.

That is great news! See? Never rush a good thing...Things happen when they're meant to happen.

Be happy and enjoy eachother always!

Can't stop smiling

It feels fantastic!!

All I can think is that we waited soooo long. I have know him over 8 years, and it is more than 3 years since we first admitted that we had feelings for each other.......

Good things come to those who wait, take my advice, don't rush things. The biggest reason why we waited was because I didn't want to do something with him and then wake up in the morning and feel guilty about it. I needed my ex free from my life before I could do that!!

The best thing, after so long, we have no doubts of the feelings that either of us have for each other. I don't have to sit wondering if he likes me etc. etc.

He is so fantastic, kind, considerate, everything. He has a fantastic ass too!!

Am I infactuated??? Yes I am

Do I care?? No, because I am totally happy, madly and crazily in love.

(sorry guys, I just had a phone call from him- I had to let it out!!)

SuperFantastico

Well congradulations. Its not often that the long term friendship actually blossoms so easily and pain free into a wonderful fufilling relationship. Cudos to the two of you and a happy long life to follow(fingers crossed :p )