Did he sorta ask me out?

Con's_Gucci_Girl

Con's_Gucci_Girl

Hi everyone, I have a question. There is a man that I have been quite attracted to. We had been flirting with each other for some time now and I told him that I am interested in him a little while ago. Well, I didn't really get any response from him when I told him that, so I just decided that I should maybe lay low on the flirting since he's not interested. Well, I reduced my emails to him quite dramatically and stopped "hanging" out with him more and more.

So now when I do email him, he makes an effort to let me know that he enjoys it when I contact him. He tells me that it's nice to me, he compliments me. When I do see him in person, he generally flirts even more than before, or shall I say non-verbally lets me know that he's interested.

His birthday is on Monday and so I emailed him and said, "So you're gonna be a Birthday Boy in a few days! Are you excited?"

His reply was: "Yeah! What are you going to get me for my birthday?"

I said: "I dunno... what do you want?"

He said: "Ummmmm..................... You can just buy me a drink sometime. How does that sound?"

I said: "That sounds good! Let me know when you want that drink."

So, I saw him shortly after that and he asks where his present is along with making sure to start a conversation. I told him that it's not his birthday yet and that I couldn't bring a "drink" to work.

So, I was wondering if this is a gesture of him asking me out for a drink one night??? Cuz if it is, I am excited and would like to go out with him sometime soon since I have had this crush on him for a while.

Also, do you think it is appropriate to send him a special greeting on his b-day?

What do you all think?

skip the card. Just take him out for that drink.

And, yes, he's interested. btw, you sure he's not in a committed relationship already?

Hi! your situation sounds a lot like mine only in my case, he hasn't asked me out and he's married! But he flirts a lot.... just like your man does!

To me, it sounds like he's interested, but, he did ask you out, but it sounds more of a "casual" date that he's looking for rather than a "romantic" date. If that makes sense. Maybe he wants to get to know you more! That's a good sign isn't it?

It is appropriate to send him a greeting on his B-day. But when you do, leave your phone number in the message and if he calls... then you've got a sure bet that he is VERY interested!

Good luck!

It is appropriate to send him a greeting on his B-day. But when you do, leave your phone number in the message and if he calls... then you've got a sure bet that he is VERY interested!

yeah right! Leaving your number in this card?

Why don't you write your number in a napkin and drop it just when he walks by you and hope he picks it up. This is not the 70s.

What I meant was (and if I am correct on this) ... is she sending an e-greeting or actually sending him a card? I thought she meant an e-greeting but I could be wrong.

I thought that she could tell him to give her a call when he was available on any given night ... that's why I thought that she could leave her number in the greeting , e-greeting that is.

• Author
Con's_Gucci_Girl

To Elijah Bailey and How Do I KNow:

I was actually thinking of just emailing him and saying happy birthday and letting him know that whenever he is ready to have a drink that he should let me know. I actually was thinking of giving him my number but do you think that is lame???

Or, should I just flat out ask him out? Also, he is seperated from someone, but I don't know if that means he's in a seperated marriage with no divorce, or if he's just gotten out of a relationship. I heard this all through the grapevine.

But... please let me know if giving him my number is a good idea or not??? He is a very busy person, he works 5 days a week and so I don't really know if I should just pick a date to go for this drink? Or should I let him play the cards??? PLEASE HELP!!! :eek:

hey CGGirl, the reason I asked earlier whether he's in a committed relationship is because I was wondering if this is the same guy you posted earlier that you met at the fitness center. Cos if he is the same person, then you better make dang sure he's out of his relationship before you take the plunge. The grapevine is a good place to start and there are usually other sources you can check out with on his background.

It's really better to be safe than sorry. I toooootally understand you're head over heels with this guy, but I just need to make sure you're thinking objectively and not with your heart.

Well it sounds like you're the one who is supposed to be taking him out for a drink. I say you should suggest that since he probably has plans for his birthday night, you'd like to take him out for a drink after work, say, the following night or a night after that. Then let him finalize the day.