Is this normal male "FRIEND" behavior?

greeneyedgirl23

greeneyedgirl23

Hi Guys!

I have posted a couple of things on this site before regarding a friend of mine. I am just looking for opinions on what is normal male "FRIEND" behavior...

If you were just friends with a girl, would you habitually call her when you were out with the guys, and then when you got home to talk at all hours of the night? Even when on vacation?

(This guy does he also talks about how he is going to meet all these chicks, but is on the phone with me all the time he is in the club!??)

Would you EVER do late night hang-ups to see what she was doing?

Would you ever call her from the shower?

How about alone time with her, would it consist of driving listening to music, and parking and talking until the wee hours of the morning? Mostly about deep/ intimatley close things.

I'm happy to hear any opinon, these are just some of the consistant behaviors I have been experiencing with a friend of mine, and Im wondering if other male- female friendships are like this one.

elijahBailey

when I was dating a girl, I used to call another girl and yak about nothing. I was just bored and wanted to talk to someone. But I suppose that didn't work out too well cos she (the other girl) was acting a little strange after a while.. And I just stopped calling. I just wanted friendship, but she was probably looking for more. Goes to show how hard it is for men and women to be just friends.

ReluctantRomeo

Yes, I could do all of these. And do, with male as well as female friends.

Equally he could be into you. Would you like him to be?

Mr.positive

He probably like you. And dosn't know how to tell you.

<a href=http://www.worldwideelf.com/>mike</a>

Originally posted by elijahBailey

when I was dating a girl, I used to call another girl and yak about nothing. I was just bored and wanted to talk to someone. But I suppose that didn't work out too well cos she (the other girl) was acting a little strange after a while.. And I just stopped calling. I just wanted friendship, but she was probably looking for more. Goes to show how hard it is for men and women to be just friends.

I'm sorry! I don't think you should do that to a single girl! You can't seek her attention and pursue long conversations on the phone without coming across as wanting more - plus it's time stolen from when she could be meeting guys that want to be available - and the fact that you called her up simply b/c you were "bored"? Marks you as bit of a user?

Personally speaking, if all the other qualities for attraction are there (looks, personality etc) the ability to continue to have long and fruitful conversations is going to cement any attraction I may have for a guy, since that's where you discover whether there's chemistry. Use this talent wisely.

Calling someone at night and talking till the sun rises is in my opinion too much. Unless he knows for sure that you have no romantic interest for him he should keep some distance between you.

• Author
greeneyedgirl23

Thanks for all of the replies everyone!!!

As for talking till the sun comes up, I think that he does know that I have feelings for him. So maybe that isn't fair for him to do/ expect...

• 1 month later...

ok I think hes just a friend.

I have a male friend ,we became so close recently we get on so well, we work together and just the way he acts around me does he like me more than a friend?

when we talk he stares at my eyes alot when talkin to me

he raises his eyebrows at times aswell

he messes with me and makes excuses to touch my hands ,arms etc

messes and pretends to grab my breasts

trips me up at work at times excuse to get close to me

we touch hands alot etc

writes my name all over things and with a heart on it before

flirts alot with me

play and fool around at work

he takes things belonging to me sometimes and hides them on me

talks dirty

etc.