Do guyz even like fat girls!!!!!!!!!!!

sophiajennkins

ok so not to long ago I posted something about this guy who use to call me a slut, whore etc. well during this period I became so depressed that I ate far more than I should and put on about 20lbs and man did that suck. Well any wayz as a result of the sudden weight gain, the guys that would use to talk to me all of a sudden seem to busy. And I know its not because of that a**h*** who use to spread rumors about me, because they live in to two different cities and I am pretty sure they don't know each other. So like whats the deal? Are these guys that superficial. :(:(

Originally posted by sophiajennkins

Are these guys that superficial. :(:(

Yes

Originally posted by sophiajennkins

I became so depressed that I ate far more than I should and put on about 20lbs and man did that suck.

Well anyways as a result of the sudden weight gain, the guys that used to talk to me all of a sudden seemed too busy. Are these guys that superficial?

You felt that it sucked to gain the weight, and that it was a product of your being very depressed. The guys are no more superficial than you are. Should they want to date a girl who is depressed and hates her body?

Here:

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/t67192/

It depends on the men and what they like. Some like skinny girls and some like girls with more inches around the waist. When you were skinny you attracted the ones who liked skinny girls and when you are heavier you will attract other guys.

Guy friends are ok, but honestly, I believe if I gained like 20 lbs more, they'd probably gone very fast, too. That much to platonic love... :/ (Or maybe I'm just not a very self-confident person myself and don't believe that they really appreciate me for my inner qualities, boohooo.... :o ) In any case, you should always be careful to choose someone who also cares for you as a person and not only for your outer qualities. You've tested your friends and they failed. Look for someone who is less superficial and who cares enough for you to help you shed your pounds.

ninja of the nasty

The reality is that most girls are drawn to guys who are fit and msot guys are drawn to girls who are fit. By and large, insecure men and women will date a member of the opposite sex who is slightly less attractive if they want emotional security. Ok, you put on 20lb. Fine. Do something about it. Get back into shape. Dont whine. You control your fate. You are primarily responsible for your level of happiness. Get into jogging, weight training. I used to be a fat 270 guy, and girls wouldnt give me the time of teh day, but over a period of two years, I leaned down to a very hard 205 at 6ft. No probs with women being attracted to me now. Those same girls who'd ingnore me were ready to jump me. I was pissed for a while becasue I thought of them as being shallow, but you know what? Physical attraction is the basis for human sexuality. A guy or a girl NEED to find each other attractive. SO no, I dont think its shallow if no emotional attachment has yet been made. A guy knows if he'd want to fawk a chick within the first few seconds of seeing her, and same with a girl when she sees a guy. Other factors come in to play with respects to a girl or guy's capacity to act on that attraction.

scratch brings up the less obvious, but perhaps more truthful perspective on the situation.

Anyone who is really depressed and gains 20 lbs very fast is unattractive, and I'm not talking physically here. Unless I was a good friend, this would probably scare me off too. I don't want negativity in my life, and lack of self control is just... yuck. I find it personally a very big turn off - far more than being just a little overweight.

I hope that doesn't sound too harsh, but I have a hunch that this is the real truth of the matter. If you're still suffering from depression, please seek help.

The way you feel about yourself portrates to others and if you feel ugly then that is how they will see you. You've never noticed that the days you feel great about yourself are the days that men approach you more??? Confidence and Attraction go together holding hands. Get all pretty, fix your hair, put on nice make up, and bring out the best of your personality and you'll see you still have it!!!

I'm not really eager to date overweight man, but if I had been interested in someone who suddenly became depressed and gained weight, I'd probably talk with him about it instead of just running away. That's the difference between someone who is genuinely interested in you and someone who only likes you because you're pretty. Obviously sophiajennkins is not only complaining about the superficiality of the guys here, because they don't want to date her anymore but also about the lack of concern that they demonstrate.

I often find myself attracted to larger women.

A little thick with some curves and a jiggle can be very hot. ;)

and yes, most guys are superficial a-holes.

Originally posted by BigB

and yes, most guys are superficial a-holes.

but those men are the ones that are soooo not worth it!!!

Originally posted by blue16

Just because a guy generally doesn't find larger women attractive doesn't make them a superficial a-hole.

They are if they drop their friends for gaining weight.

elijahBailey

but, oh... I've seen it happen. hmmm.... Good riddance anyways. If you find out after you're married, you won't be just 'dropped'..... you'd be signing divorce papers.

However, technically speaking, isn't being overweight a problem that's much more minor compared to other physical 'shortcomings' that we can't change? What I'm sayin' is.... if you're overweight, jog, run, skate.... whatever. But you *can* do something about it. But if you're short, there's pretty much nothing you can do about it. So count youself a little blessed you've gotten yourself a 'solvable' problem. What I don't understand is, people complain that their SOs aren't thrilled with them being overweight, and yet they still don't do nothin' about it. They just want their SOs to accept them the way they are. I think if you love your SOs enough, you'd put on those Nikes......

Ok...Its topics like this that really get me heated. I am overweight and I am a female, and I am with someone not to mention living with him, who is someone I always said would never give me the time of day.

If you approach situations/guys with the same attitude you have now, yes most guys will not be attracted to you. Guys dont want a girl who always puts herself down, or who thinks shes fat.

I used to make stupid remarks about myself and about my weight and then I realized how bad it pissed him off, and that he found it really unattractive.

It doesnt matter if you are a little size 2 and can wear anything you want, or if you are a size 20 and cant wear the same things as everyone else, if your attitude and your opinion on yourself are high and you just dont give a fu*k what anyone has to say about you, then your confidence is going to be let out, and guys will notice that. And thats attractive.

Who cares what people think of you, and if someone doesnt like you for you or what you look like, then its their loss, you were not put here to impress anyone. And thats what you need to tell yourself.

Mr.positive

No They deffinatley arn't all like that. Every person has there own preference . Im sure youd be able to lose 20 pounds quickley anyways.

<a href=http://www.worldwideelf.com/>mike</a>

Hmmm...I may get slammed for this - but I absolutely would not date a fat man. Never. No way.

Not just for the fact that I would find him physically repugnant, but I like a man that can keep up with me, play games, be outside, do things, without falling down from exhaustion, being winded, or taking up the whole dang bed. I also couldn't deal with my car seat getting warped with a fat-guy slouch (you've seen those bucket seats) and I don't think that I could handle seing rolls naked.

Fortunately, I'm married to a man who's built rather nicely. He's got a wee tiny belly, but nothing to worry about overly much. When he starts pudging up a bit, I just swap out his red meat for chicken for a few weeks and he settles right back down.

I don't think that fat people should be hated on for looking different, but no one can deny that a woman who cannot fit ont a bus seat, or is so big that all parts of her body blend together is not attractive. Besides the obvious physical, a person that big is signing on for a lifetime of joint troubles, exhaustion, very likely adult onset diabetes, and ridicule. I don't want to pay those medical bills, and I don't want my spouse to croak on me because he couldn't take care of business in his own body.

So anyway, that's my thoughts. And really, if you're even asking the question, it says that you don't much care for the way you look. Best advice there is to take care of both how you look, and how you feel about it - a little better.