What are his true intentions?

Me and this guy I met at work hit it off quite well we were good friends and he started talking about me often with all the coworkers and managers on how pretty and nice I was. I eventually came to find out he had feelings for me and really liked me but I at the time wasn’t so sure I felt the same but we’d still talk on the phone and text and for the longest he was super sweet and tried to get my attention and said he wanted to make me happy. Hes been cheated on in his past relationship as have I and that has scarred him and made him very insecure. He’s very different ,he respects women so much and he’s so genuine i eventually fell for him too. I got drunk one night and told him what i felt for him and he had told me he kind of already knew. Anyway I tried to push myself away from him because i didn’t want to have feelings for him but he kept messaging me apologizing asking what he had done wrong and he didn’t understand why i was being so dry. I explained to him and he began to say how he wasn’t ready for a relationship that he really does like me but isn’t ready for a relationship and that he’s scared and hurt. He says he’s too scared to trust someone again but then goes on on why he wants to make me happy that because he’s seen the hurt i’ve been through and wanted to be the change that could make me happy.He said he doesn’t talk to any girls the way he talks to me and he doesn’t plan to. I’m just confused and starting to question if he really likes me or what ? i’m just so confused I thought he’d be happy I felt the same way about him. I’m so confused. Someone please help, I don’t want to waste my time.

Happy Lemming

Its never a good idea to date someone you work with.

Move on...

NEXT!!

Especially since you confessed your feelings to him -- essentially giving him a green light to ask you out, the fact that he didn't tells me you ought to believe him when he says he's not ready for a relationship. Even if he did date you, he will probably allow his insecurities to override common sense & he'll smother you, because he will be punishing you for whatever indiscretions his EX committed. He's just not a good candidate so stop pinning all your dating hopes on him.

Furthermore, dating a co-worker is generally a bad idea. What happens when you break up & still have to work together?

• Like 2
GeorgiaPeach1

I have found that some men still like a female presence in their lives when they are in between relationships. For some reason(s), he doesn't see you as girlfriend/wife material, but there are some things he likes about you-- maybe your support, sense of humor, etc. I think that if you persue this, you'll end up heartbroken because he will sooner or later meet someone he's truly interested in.