Am I being groomed for a threesome?

Am I being groomed for a threesome?

I am 30 years old and work in sales. A woman, about 45 recently joined. We hit it off really well and got along great. We went out for coffee during the day and we "accidentally" ran into her husband at the coffee place. She said she "forgot" its his regular spot. (I thought that might be a way for him to sign off on me). He said that she "always tells me the best part of her day, the worst part of her day, and the bright spot, and you're always the bright spot."

She then invited me to her family Christmas, and her whole family knew I was coming and were looking forward to seeing me.

She is very flirty and touchy when we talk, lightly touching my arm and back, or lightly holding my hand when we talk.

Any thoughts?

Possibly, it all sounds a bit weird. All fine if you're into that sort of thing and not worried about awkwardness at work. Not so fine if you were being groomed for something more sinister.

As someone who was "groomed" for it, it's definitely something that is suspicious. I've had a lot of... open-marriage couples trying that on me for some weird reason, soooooo even though it's a bit early to tell - trust your instincts.

• Like 1

One thing l learned very early in life , stay the hell away from touchy feely older women , especially married ones.

There's usually nothing innocent about it you can bet on that.

• Like 6

Possibly, but difficult to say for sure. The key to this is what do you want, if your intuition is correct? If you are interested or curious, go with it. If not, distance yourself and do not accept invitations that aren't work-related.

BarbedFenceRider
They could be grooming you for a lot worse than a threesome. Have you watched "Get Out"?

ROFL!!!! That's classic. And so true.

Rule #528: of things that will never happen in REAL life....Or shouldn't.

Maybe, you should just ask the ole' gal for a time with the hubby. Maybe a beer and a game. Find out from him....

So the family is grooming you too ? sounds like they would have to be in on the 3some grooming if that what this all is.

No...

Sounds like she is flirty and has weak boundary's, maybe she is going to set you up with a friend of hers or something or maybe they just have an open marriage.

• Like 4

OP, if I had a nickel for that kind of stuff.... ;)

It's just normal MW stuff. They like a little fun and titillation and if they find a guy who'll play along without feeling them up or getting territorial it can go quite a long ways.

Plain sight is often the most stimulating.

If a true threesome was on the table it would be more deliberate and the husband would be more forward about things. That's my .02. Good luck!

I must be very naïve but how did you make a link between coffee, to Christmas to a threesome? I don't see it at all. Where is your mind?

If you think the situation is odd, just put some more space in here. You work with her. Nothing says you have to interact in any way after hours.

Are you down for a threesome? Because seriously, nobody can force you into a threesome without your consent. The way that you ask if you are being "groomed" makes it sound like you have no control in this decision.

Although, I will say that I think you are making a bit of a leap here. Her behavior is a little odd and inappropriate, but so is yours when you say you spoke on the phone for an hour like its a good thing.

Edited by BaileyB
  • Like 2

He just seems like a nice guy...but the rest of this is odd...bringing you to family events and flirting...wouldnt say its enough info to assume a threesome situation, but the behavior on her part sounds shady.

• 2 weeks later...
IndigoNight

OP, do you have friends and family that live near you, and that you spend time with? I ask this because my husband and I have both brought people into our home, and invited them join us for holidays, and family time, because they didn't have any family locally.

We weren't looking for a threesome, or anything of that sort. We welcomed them into our home because we enjoyed their company, and it seemed like they might be feeling lonely, or would enjoy a nice home cooked family dinner. A few will actually call and ask to be invited over for dinner, if we haven't offered in a while. Sometimes our lives get so hectic that I appreciate those calls, and the excuse to slow down and visit with a good friend.

Perhaps you are enjoyable to be around, and they just want your company, and not another body in their bed.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...