Into me but...will let me know?

Really the title says it all but I'll give the background:

Background:

I meet this girl who is 11 years younger than me at a group meetup stoplight party where you wear colors depending on if you're single, not sure, or not available. I met her in line getting into the thing. I found her again later (among a sea of like 100 people) and we kind of caught up on our nights. From that point we were inseparable. We talked as if we'd known each other for years. We played games, exchanged numbers, and even went for food afterward to get to know each other better. Talking with her was like talking with a friend I had known for 20 years.

That was in November. Since then, we have been Snapchatting back and forth, on each others Facebook on and off, and a few times texting but really just social media.

The Weekend

Fast forward to last Saturday. She broadcasts she is out and about and looking for something to do. I mention I am going to another meetup and she should come. She jumps at the chance and shows up. It's like we never stopped talking from November. We continually click and she's touching on me and laughing and my lame jokes, we are buying each other drinks, etc. We dance on the dance floor to both slow country songs and fast hip hop songs. We both talk about how we've been making "bad choices", traveling, and life in general.

Near the end of the night she heads to the bathroom then comes back out and pops me right on the ass playfully as I am waiting for her. I capitalize on this and kiss her right then and there, shes taken aback, but she does return the kiss. Immediately she walks out of the place and stands outside. I figured I upset her so I follow. I walk her to her car and we make out heavily. We're practically pulling each others shirts up but we know we are in public. She and I both pretty much agree non-verbally "not here not now" and I walk off and she gets into the car. But I do turn around and open the door to lay one on her one last time before saying good night. I text her the next day to make sure shes home ok.

Now:

Just a few days ago I called her up and was very direct in saying I called to ask her out for a drink, just her and me. She seemed super surprised but laughed in an "OMG' way. She said this week is the absolute worst timing and that she promised she would get back to me. I believe her in this as we had talked about everything she had to do this week and weekend.

In my mind I'd have just said "hey lets do something next week". But I'm also 36 to her 25.

Is this her way of nicely saying "no thanks"? Right now I am just going to wait it out and not badger her. I did wish her a happy Valentines day yesterday and she responded in kind.

she's bout that single life bro...ice her and watch her hit you up again when shes bored of the hot 25 yr old dude that's giving her the big O

Is this her way of nicely saying "no thanks"?

Maybe. No one here can tell you what she's thinking, obviously. If you don't hear from her this week, contact her next week and ask to take her on a date on a specific day and time. If she says she's not available but doesn't offer another date when she is, then she's probably trying to let you down easy.

• Like 1
  • Author
Maybe. No one here can tell you what she's thinking, obviously. If you don't hear from her this week, contact her next week and ask to take her on a date on a specific day and time. If she says she's not available but doesn't offer another date when she is, then she's probably trying to let you down easy.

Good call. I can't ever tell if I am badgering someone so I ask third parties in situations like this!

• Author
Good call. I can't ever tell if I am badgering someone so I ask third parties in situations like this!

Update so far, I had posted something on Snapchat and it made her ask me what was going on. I explained and we caught up a bit over the past week. She mentioned she is sorry for not getting back to me and all that she has going on she is still in the middle of. I pressed her a little on going out and a mentioned a specific place and day after work. Long story short, we're going out Friday :)

• Like 5
PrincessPeach

I just wanted to post that it's nice to read about positive outcomes happening! :laugh: Sometimes it really is just busy or bad timing and patience without pestering wins the day.