FWB is now officially my boyfriend

Me first now

In my previous post I told about my struggles connecting emotionally to my friends with benefits. He is the only one that I have seen on a consistent basis since I had broke up from a very toxic relationship where I was treated with suspicion and put through the ringer from somebody who had severe trust issues.

The previous relationship made me very trepidation about connecting emotionally to my new friend. I have had no desire to see anybody else but my friends with benefits and he had expressed on many occasions about wanting our relationship to progress to a level of commitment.

I am here to share that after much thought and discussion with him this weekend I have decided to Take a chance with my heart and commit to him.

I don’t want to let my past relationship with somebody who had extreme jealousy influence my present life and decisions. I told my guy that I am all in and he is the only one that I have seen since we started going out and that I am all in. I refuse to let my prior relationship with somebody who did not have the ability to trust and who treated me like I was “bad“ and not worthy of trust. Come merely his own very sad issues. I appreciate the people who gave me their input on my prior post which explains my story. I feel good about things! I am treated with respect and it is such a new experience for me that it goes to figure that I would be leery. But I refuse to let that cloud the good thing that I found. I just wanted to let the people here who have a giving me the support that I needed that I am taking a chance! He is a really good man and treats me better than I have ever been treated. And the core of that is that he respects me. He trusts me and he makes me feel valued. That is something that I was so accustomed to not experiencing in my last relationship and there is no way I’m going to let the doom and gloom of that horrible experience Get in the way of something that seems to be working and makes me happy. Thank you everybody for your encouragement and your support.

• Like 1

Just maintain your boundaries and stop it if he crosses them. Don't relax your boundaries for someone. Keep those. If you haven't thought about it that much in that context, write down the things you wouldn't want to put up with and remind yourself of them every now and then to be sure you're not slipping. Then give it all you got and see where it goes. Well, I hope! Good luck.

• Like 1