Just being a friendly guy?

Hi all,

I'm needing some second opinions on a current friend and I and whats been happening.

-new guy has started living with current guy friend, and when we all hang out, new guy (we'll call him "A") is there. "A" and guy friend have been friends since they were young kids, so, I've heard stories about him for a good 6 years.

-"A" is quite attractive, sweet and smart-lots of good conversations, teasing happening.

-Since his move-in, I've hung out with him (and our group) about 4 times-at their apt or going to the movies. No 1 on 1 time. His face lights up when he sees me, tells me "not much going on this weekend, you should come over" very shy smiles, sits near me (like thigh to thigh touching), offers me chairs, wine, puts his arm across the couch behind me, does hug me when he sees me (yet, the other night said "hi, friend!" when I walked in) and has quiet conversations to me when friends are watching TV, talking, playing boards games, whatever. I do catch his eye every now and then, too.

-I know that "A" is or was having a small fling with a woman, but, she is moving out of state in a few weeks, but, haven't heard much about her lately or he seems to be either with his roommate or with another one of our friends.

Does this seem like something is starting between us and I should just keep feeling it out? Or is just being a nice, friendly guy?

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Paragraphs

Agree. He's into you. Offering you seats, arm around chair, thighs touching when you're sitting, constant invites - says it all really.

Go for it and ask him out!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Update:

We hung out two nights ago and i was getting mixed vibes of it was just 2 new friends getting to know each other or two people who are interested in each other on a date.

I asked him and he’s just wanting to be friends, to get to know me since he is still new to town and new to my group of friends. All signals seemed he was into to me..and maybe he is but just trying to figure out life at the moment.

Have you considered that maybe the original guy friend has a thing for you and "A" knows it so he can't and wont' go there because he's a good friend? I mean, it's kind of rare guys stay friends with women for a long time that they never had any physical interest in.

• Author

He (original guy) encouraged me to meet up with A, ask him about dating. I’m sure he’s not interested-we’ve travelled together, slept in same rooms and he’s never made a move.

Could be anything then. He could be gay. Maybe on his friend's urging (or just knowing he wants him to date) he was getting his foot wet trying to feel things out but then chickened out, or maybe if he's actually more experienced, you just aren't his normal type or something.

Now that you know he just wants to be friends, why not just ask him what type of women he likes. Maybe you can fix him up. Sounds like he just needs friends because he's in a new town. He could also be hung up on someone from the old town. Get to know him and find out.

• Like 1