Why does he avoid me like the plague? How do I win him over?

So there’s a guy. Let’s call him “G”. G is about 2 years younger than me. Our parents are best friends and we basically grew up around each other as kids. Recently, we started working at the same company.

Now, I hadn’t seen G for quite some time until I started working at this company. When we pass by each other in the halls, or have free time, we make small talk and tell one another about our day. He always greets me with warmth and friendliness and always seems eager to tell me about his life.

After working together for a while, I began having feelings for this guy. However, I’ve noticed that he avoids any attempt I make to hang out outside of work. Even when I asked if he wanted to commute home together (we live around the same area), he told me that he now takes the longer route home so he can “hang out with his friends” and thus couldn’t commute with me. In addition, at my family’s Christmas party last month, it seemed he was more interested in his phone than he was with me. He also never likes my posts on social media (despite always liking the posts of his other female co-workers).

A bit of other background info:

- He was raised in a very traditional Catholic household. I do not know about how religious he personally is; but from his church involvement, it seems he’s pretty devout. Could this play a role in him avoiding me?

- He’s about two years younger than me (I wonder if he’ll ever be able to see me as a potential partner as a result).

- I’m socially awkward and sometimes I can be very boring in conversations (especially when I’m nervous) and I’ve wondered if that’s why he avoids me. LOL.

Why does he avoid me like the plague? How do I gain this guy’s attraction? Is it even possible.

CautiouslyOptimistic

I think you're probably just not the exact type he's interested in, but I'm sure there are other men who will think you're exactly their type. What other efforts are you making to meet eligible men?

• Like 1