LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Transitioning > Friends and Lovers

Infatuated with a colleague.

Friends and Lovers Progressing into "Friends with benefits" and beyond: When platonic relationships become more intimate.

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th December 2017, 11:33 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinehv View Post
I suppose it's just that I'm afraid of rejection but I guess it's the only way to really know. I think with Dutch girls or girls who are really into you it works to just give them some hints so they respond to those hints and you know if you can ask them out.
you will have to take the plunge and ask the woman out and take the risk of getting rejected. generally females are not going to ask you out unless they are really, really open and liberal or really crazy in love or something.

Quote:
Perhaps with girls from Eastern Europe it's different.
nope. eastern euro women are same as all women. there are really nice ones. there are money hungry slutty ones. there are crazy as bat **** messed up ones.

from what you describe, it sounds like this girl likes you. she touched your leg/thigh in a private space. geez.. what do you want her to do? grab your johnson?

as others have said, the work thing is an issue. i am generally not a big fan of people dating and pursuing each other who work in the same workplace. its a recipe for disaster. but i do know a couple who did meet at work, dated while at work and got married have have kids.

but is it me or did i misread your post. didn't you post you didnt actually like this polish girl. you just want to sleep with her. now that is a recipe or disaster if she doesn't feel or think the same way. if you sleep with her and then treat her like **** -- and she isn't cool with that -- you might be in for a nasty surprise in the workplace . ;-)
jjgitties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2017, 7:47 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by healing light View Post
So what if you get rejected? At least you won't be haunted with a "what if?" If she's worth her salt, she won't shun you afterward even if she says no.
Yes that is indeed what I should do.
Kevinehv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2017, 7:53 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie4 View Post
I don't care which country/culture, no woman goes around putting her hand on a man's thigh if she didn't want him. Arm, shoulder, back, even chest, ok. But not thigh! Knee, ok. Not thigh! not the butt!
Why don't you just tell her that you had considered asking her out on a date but you're not sure if you should, because you work together. Then you are being completely honest, without putting her on the spot. If she's not interested, she can just say yeah it's not a good idea to date people from work. No awkward rejection. If she wants to date you, she'll talk you into it.
Thanks for the comment. Yes, I should just ask her out. The reason why I'm not sure about all of this is that she might just be seeking for attention since she knows I like her. There have been days at work she rarely talked to me for some reason, talks to other guys but still glancing towards me.... well yeah I should just ask her out.
Old 18th December 2017, 7:57 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjgitties View Post
you will have to take the plunge and ask the woman out and take the risk of getting rejected. generally females are not going to ask you out unless they are really, really open and liberal or really crazy in love or something.

nope. eastern euro women are same as all women. there are really nice ones. there are money hungry slutty ones. there are crazy as bat **** messed up ones.

from what you describe, it sounds like this girl likes you. she touched your leg/thigh in a private space. geez.. what do you want her to do? grab your johnson?

as others have said, the work thing is an issue. i am generally not a big fan of people dating and pursuing each other who work in the same workplace. its a recipe for disaster. but i do know a couple who did meet at work, dated while at work and got married have have kids.

but is it me or did i misread your post. didn't you post you didnt actually like this polish girl. you just want to sleep with her. now that is a recipe or disaster if she doesn't feel or think the same way. if you sleep with her and then treat her like **** -- and she isn't cool with that -- you might be in for a nasty surprise in the workplace . ;-)
Thanks for the comment. Haha yeah I think you misread or I wrote it the wrong way. I do really like her otherwise this wouldn't be such a problem. I do think I wrote something like that it could be she thinks I just want sex. For example when we were driving around, trying to find a parking spot she asked me where we were going (she doesn't know the neighbourhood) so I told her we were heading back to my place, as a joke.
Old 20th December 2017, 9:37 PM   #20

Not sure if anyone would still read this but thank you for the comments.

I did ask her out and she said yes, which is good but first she will head back to her own country for holiday (2 weeks) so we have to make an arrangement after.

The only thing that I don't understand is why she does not really message me much and only answers if I initiate contact.